Vegan Cheddar Biscuits (based off my garlic bread)
1/2 cup almond flour (60g)
1/4 cup coconut flour (36g)
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp dried chives
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups shredded vegan cheddar cheese sub (6oz)
6 tbsp virgin coconut oil , melted (Nutiva Butter Flavored)
1/4cup apple sauce
1. Preheat oven to 350F and line a large baking pan with parchment paper
2. In a medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, chives, rosemary, and salt.
3. In a large saucepan, melt cheese over low heat until it's melted and can be stirred together.
4. Add oil, apple sauce, and stir to combine. Stir in almond flour mixture until dough comes together (keep heat on low). It will still have some large streaks of cheese. Turn out dough onto a parchment-lined surface and kneed it a bit
5. Divide dough into 8-12 equal balls placing a few inches apart for roll texture, for layered biscuits make into 8 balls, press each out in you palm and fold in half and repeat 5-8 times then cup into balls placing a few inches apart.
6. Bake 15-20mins til golden
I pulled mine out a bit early then put them back in for a tad more after pictures.
Testing used lisanatti cheese due to how it melts. also works with daiya shreds
NOTE ingredients bought through the Thrive link get you a extra 25% off, great for gluten free shopping.
Thrive Market http://thrv.me/gf25