Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

If you are asking if I think the promotional scare tactics on that site proclaiming  the "miracle of curing diarrhea" and that "celiacs are slowly dying"  because they do not follow the SCD diet...is a scam approach for you to buy something off the internet?  (well, yes)

Have people tried this diet and had success with it? So I hear.

You could just go Paleo (there, that was free advice :)) I hate when people "sell" dietary advice in ebooks when there is so much valid info out there that kind people post and share without looking for $$$.

I guess what matters is...what are looking for from this diet?

I'm sure I'm looking for the same thing most people here are looking for. Help finding relief.

I've done Paleo, didn't help. I've done FODMAPS, didn't help.

So I continue to look for answers.

I'm sure I'm looking for the same thing most people here are looking for. Help finding relief.

I've done Paleo, didn't help. I've done FODMAPS, didn't help.

So I continue to look for answers.

That's why I asked, Nate. I hate to see you trying stuff that may not work and waste your $$$

Many people do really well on the paleo diet (but I found it was too limited and I needed the complex carbs from brown rice, quinoa, etc) to feel better when I started to exercise again.

Hey, as I recall, you were going back to the doctor. Did they run any tests?

i had another celiac panel ig thing done. all of it was really good, which means i'm not getting glutened.

I also had a CT of stomach and kidneys done. Nothing was seen in my gut from that, but my kidneys are full of stones.

I'm also supposed to have scopes done again, but i dont' like the GI doctor at all. trying to figure out when and how i'm going to do that as I have no one to take me to the procedure.

other than that, status quo of misery.

Sorry to hear your not feeling so well as I can def relate. About two months ago I had been taking nsaids for a while not knowing how bad they were for the stomache lining and I think it damaged my gut lining so bad I couldnt hardly eat anything for two weeks.It was either that or I was getting glutoned or reacting to something over and over again by an unknown source. Well, out of desperation I tried the closely related version of the SCD diet which is the GAPS diet.I believe that the SCD diet was taken from the GAPS diet. I will say that it did seem to calm my gut down quite a bit and the soup made with  broth and bones was really soothing.They also talk about eating fermented foods so I made some homemade kimchi and started drinking kefir as well.The kimchi has been amazing. Everytime I get a flare or acid feeling in my stomache I eat some kimchi and the pain goes away shortly afterwards. Its supposed to be really good for digestion and said to have trillions of probiotics.

Anyways, yea I could see it working IF you could stay on it. It was soooo restrictive and like Irish heart said it got to the point where I was like, just give me some kind of grains already!I also dont like how the SCD page has "why celiacs slowly dying" on it. It just didnt sit well with me and then how you have to order the info seemed a bit disingenuous. Im not saying the diet wont work though cause it did seem to help me for a while at least.I havnt tried FODMAPS yet. Is it as restrictive as SCD or GAPS?

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Never went to a "gym" always felt on edge there and only used hotel ones at 4am when no one else was. What  invested in a few years after I got diagnosed was a set of resistant bands, a stationary bike (late got a under desk elliptical,...
    Think I just had a serve response to some red wine I drank last night, severe cramps, bloating, etc. I have never had a reaction like this to red wine, a new bottle I’ve never tried before. Has anyone had a gluten reaction to red wine? ...
    It's not because it's a new year. It's because I want to do something new now that my life has changed due to Celiac disease.  I'm eating way less junk nowadays and I miss it a lot. Never been a health interested person before, but I ...