Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Luvs2read

Newly Diagnosed In July Still Constipated : Herbal Detox .

Help! Diagnosed by biopsy in July and bloodwork. Thought I had ulcers and constipation. Anyway I have been gluten free obsessively but am still very constipated and in pain. I have subtotal villous blunting and intraepithelial lymphocytes. I got 83 on my tTG bloodwork. I am desperate to go to bathroom and went to health food store. The owner suggested a herbal detox wild rose. I did take last night but am a little afraid. Nothing happened anyway as far as constipation. I am wondering if I am too early in healing to do this herbal detox? Any advice from other celiac with constipation? Wonder if I might have thyroid issue too. Thanks for any advise.

My constipation never improved until I had my thyroid treated close to optimum levels. I was gluten-free for about 9 months before C started to go, and this is when I got my TSH back within the normal range. Now that I have my thyroid optimally treated (TSH is very low and I actually feel good) C is completely gone and I'm having issues with D. I can;t win. LOL ;)

If you get your thyroid checked, those with thyroiditis ideally should have a TSH near a 1, a free T4 and free T3 in the 50-75% range of your lab's normal reference range, and a low TPO Ab.

When I had C, I did detoxes and took a ridiculous amount of fibre supplements. Handful of pills... didn't help much. I have found that nuts, prunes and coconut helps get things moving (a bit more) for me. Coffee really helped me too. I hope you find something that helps.

And welcome to the board.  :)

Thank you for the thyroid info. I am going to request to get that tested. I am just not improving, still in pain, chronically constipated despite figs and nuts and more fruits than I have ever eaten! This gluten-free diet sure is healthy.

I wonder why doc did not refer me for bone density either since I broke my wrist 7 mos ago. Gotta be smarter than the doctors about what we need I guess.