Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BelleVie

Easy Pizza Crust Recipe

Sort of.  :P  I live in a place where there is zero access to gluten-free convenience foods, so I have to make everything from scratch. I experimented with various types of pizza crusts, and this one does not require letting dough rise, and is mostly grain free.  :) I just LOVE amaranth because when cooked, it behaves very much like bread dough in that it is sticky and binds well. 

Cook 2 cups of amaranth in a rice cooker/pot. 

In food processor, mix 1.5 cups of gluten-free flour mix, 1/4 tsp xanthan gum, salt, oregano, rosemary, 4-5 cloves of garlic, dash of red pepper, 1 tsp sugar, and enough olive oil for everything to blend well. Add in cooked amaranth and blend into a dough. 

In a skillet, flatten dough into thin pancakes and cook on high heat for about 2 minutes on each side, until browned. 

Remove crust from skillet and top with sauce, onions, cheese (I use mozzarella,) toppings, etc. Bake until the cheese is brown and bubbling. 

You can top with fresh basil, parmesan cheese, and crushed red pepper. It is SO very delicious, and not super quick, but also not incredibly time consuming either.  

(I copied this and reposted from the Medications forum, as I accidentally put it there. Ooops. Sorry!) 

Ty!! I have never heard nor used some of these ingredients ..... now I am starting to get a lil more comfy with being gluten free I am going to start getting some ingredients like these so they will be handy. Thanks!