Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

answerseeker

Son Sick After Mac N Cheese

last night I gave my 8 yr old son mac n cheese for dinner. He got really tired later in the evening and fell asleep on the floor. this is not like him. this morning he had diarrhea all morning long, it was bad he couldn't even make it to the bathroom, and was complaining that his stomach hurt. he also had a low body temp at 96. now he is back to normal so it doesn't seem like the flu or anything. He was tested last month and these were his results:

TISSUE TRANSGLUTAMINASE IgG result 0.28 (range <=0.90 Index)

Tissue transglutaminase IgA result 0.08 (range <=0.90 Index)

I guess I'm going to start keeping a journal on him, but he is pretty gluten light, as all our dinners are gluten free. He only had mac n cheese last night because my husband and I went to dinner.

The  decision to  retest  is  your  choice. But  to  get  an  accurate result  a person  needs to  be  consuming  a lot of  wheat.. Some  say  one  slice of  bread a  day  but  for me  if  I  had to do it  I would  go  whole  hog  &  consume  gluten  &  lots of  it....for  a  couple  of months...to make  sure  I  had  enough  wheat/.gluten in my  system  to  get  a  good  reading... because  I  would  never  ever  go through that  again.....He  may not be  celiac   but  he  could be  sensitive  ... either  way the  results  are the  same 100% gluten free  100%  of  everyday....

I would def. get him tested.