Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teacher1578

Dealing With A Spouse

The point is though, when you're married, you share your lives and your home. You're supposed to look out for each other's wellbeing. If I knew that a miniscule amount of something I ate just cos I liked the taste of it could cause my loved one serious illness and discomfort, I would not think twice about doing without it, at least in our shared kitchen! It's akin to smoking around someone with lung cancer. It's just selfish and disrespectful. ESPECIALLY if he leaves a breadcrumb trail for you to clean up! I'm sorry - it's not my place I know - but that really gets my goat! You should not have to deal with that. :(

A shared kitchen can work, if the other person is responsible about it. I'm sorry he isn't. :-(

The point is though, when you're married, you share your lives and your home.  You're supposed to look out for each other's wellbeing.  If I knew that a miniscule amount of something I ate just cos I liked the taste of it could cause my loved one serious illness and discomfort, I would not think twice about doing without it, at least in our shared kitchen!  It's akin to smoking around someone with lung cancer.  It's just selfish and disrespectful.  ESPECIALLY if he leaves a breadcrumb trail for you to clean up!  I'm sorry - it's not my place I know - but that really gets my goat!  You should not have to deal with that.  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Uh-oh, you're gonna put me in a confrontational mood right when my husband's due home :blink: I feel the same way!! (And have told him several times, which, btw, doesn't make a difference).

I am probably in the minority opinion here because I would never put up with crap like that from a man. I'm sorry I'm not trying to offend and I realize I might but it all boils down to who you marry.

My hubby was skeptical too but never in a negative way towards me. I would never have married someone who would make me feel bad for being sick. Not in a million years.

I'm not trying to be a jerk but why anyone would put up with that is beyond me. Maybe I am spoiled or just plain picky but I don't care. I have a great husband who supports me 100% and that is the only way I would have it. I support him 100% in his trials as well, of course. But no doubt about it the health of a spouse is the most important thing and any inconvenience should be minor to a man that really loves you.

Guest Viola

Well, I put up with less than I used to, but when people are well into their 60's it is more difficult to change them. Although he was in his 50s when I was diagnosed, not as much was know of the disease and how strict you had to be back then.

Yes, he is careless, but you can't spend your life arguing, or walk out of a 40 year marriage over bred crumbs. So ... you do a little more cleaning and concentrate more on his positive traits. :rolleyes: