Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RustyShackelford

Glutened And Dh Came Raging Back

Well it's been about 8 months since my DH improved to a level where I could live a normal life. It never really went completely away but it was way better than it was last year around this time. I've been gluten free since OCT of 2013 and the DH didn't really kick in until 3 months AFTER I went gluten free. I posted some of my story in the past so I won't go into it again.

I'm here today because I got glutened and my DH has exploded over the last couple days. I know it'll go away again and better days are coming but I wanted to check in with those who have had a "glutening" experience.

Please... Share... How did your reoccurance unfold and eventually end? I will also share mine as time goes on.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Well I guess I'll just reply here to hopefully offer a ray of light to the next person in my shoes. On the 13th it was raging, on the 16 the fluid started to subside, and by today the 19th much of the fluid has gone and the lesions and sores are healing quickly.

My previous and only other DH experience acted just like this except the fluid would come back at night, over and over, for months. This time (fingers still crossed) the fluid came on hard and strong but then subsided. This outbreak was by far the most severe I ever had but it is subsiding as quickly as it came. There is still a chance it could come back in another wave and I will update here if it does.

Join eNewsletter

Well I guess I'll just reply here to hopefully offer a ray of light to the next person in my shoes. On the 13th it was raging, on the 16 the fluid started to subside, and by today the 19th much of the fluid has gone and the lesions and sores are healing quickly.

My previous and only other DH experience acted just like this except the fluid would come back at night, over and over, for months. This time (fingers still crossed) the fluid came on hard and strong but then subsided. This outbreak was by far the most severe I ever had but it is subsiding as quickly as it came. There is still a chance it could come back in another wave and I will update here if it does.

I'm glad you are healing quickly! 

Join eNewsletter

Amen to that!

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

So glad this outbreak is over for you. Hope you never have to deal with it again. 

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

Yup. I know that feeling. My hubs gets it like that on his hands too -- mostly on the fingers like yours. Horrid place as you can't hide it, you can't keep anything on it because it will get washed off every time you wash your hands and washing hands just seems to irritate it further. I sure like that last photo! I breathed so much easier when I saw that one. Before that was like flashback city. (Shudders)

Gluten free Dec. 2011
Dermatitis Herpetiformis

Reynaud's October 2018

Rheumatoid Arthritis October 2018

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Denise 13