Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

mistyx7

Vision Problems And Young People

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I know this I angled at young people - which I am not (in my 40s) but since diagnosis and going gluten-free my night vision when I drive has definitely improved.  I told my optician who was at a loss but I was given a pretty heavy duty multivitamin to take when I was first recovering so maybe there was something in that.  I imagine certain vitamin deficiencies would be detrimental to one's eye health.

This seems an interesting link.

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/vision-supplements

I still have floaters though... but I do seem to recall someone on this site said theirs went.

Diagnosed by blood test and endoscopy Spring 2013

Adopted a gluten-free diet in May 2013

BRITISH

Join eNewsletter

I know this I angled at young people - which I am not (in my 40s) but since diagnosis and going gluten-free my night vision when I drive has definitely improved.  I told my optician who was at a loss but I was given a pretty heavy duty multivitamin to take when I was first recovering so maybe there was something in that.  I imagine certain vitamin deficiencies would be detrimental to one's eye health.

This seems an interesting link.

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/vision-supplements

I still have floaters though... but I do seem to recall someone on this site said theirs went.

Oh, no, don't worry about it. I just posted here because I thought there might have been older topics of a similar nature found in different sections, but thank you for replying! Your input really does help. 

Join eNewsletter

Cristiana - you are another celiac with night vision problems when driving. Have you looked at the topic Celiac Night Vision? If there are other celiacs with night vision problems which do not respond to vitamin A puzzling their opticians and eye doctors we might get experts interested enough to investigate why!

I am admittedly in my second childhood, but had no floaters before or after going gluten-free

Join eNewsletter