Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Frankie13

Really confused about having or not celiac, confusing symptoms

Rate this topic

Hey, this is my story, I started having a chronic diarrhea for almost 3 months, then my stools became really unpredictable some days really loose, other im constipated, lots of symptoms like burping, massive movements and sounds from my intestine, sometimes pain or discomfort in some areas os the stomach, nausea, hyperhidrosis, dizziness, horrible taste in the mouth, i cant really tell all the strange sensations my body has feeled, headaches i have almost 1 year not feeling good with myself, some days are fine but others i really cant this is killing me really slow inside of me, investigating i tried taking away gluten (not completely because its very hard, i dont have the support of my parents) but i noticed a great improvement in my health, i went to the doctor and he did blood tests, i was positive in the antigliadin and in the EMA ( endomysial) so he made biopsy of the jejunum, he told me my villious were normal and i did not have celiac, the study shows i have a chronic inespecific jejunitis (moderate lymphocyte infiltration) but i dont know whats the origin of this inflamation, also i realize that when i eat bread or something my throat really hurts a lot and still have weird stools, very tired at nights and when i wake up, im really frustrated and tired of not know what is happening to me, if somebody please help me if it happened to you or know something like my story could help me a lot, im scared having another disease or other thing, if im celiac its okay but i need to be sure to make the diet stictly :(.

Thanks a lot and sorry for my english im not native speaker.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi Frankie,

You might be having an allergic reaction to wheat or something else you are eating.  I am thinking that because you said your throat hurts when eating bread?

Allergic reactions can occur fairly quickly, as compared to celiac reactions which are somewhat slower.  So that might be something to ask your doctor to test you for.

Proverbs 25:16 "Hast thou found honey? eat so much as is sufficient for thee, lest thou be filled therewith, and vomit it."

Job 30:27 My bowels boiled, and rested not: the days of affliction prevented me.

Thyroid cyst and nodules, Lactose / casein intolerant. Diet positive, gene test pos, symptoms confirmed by Dr-head. My current bad list is: gluten, dairy, sulfites, coffee (the devil's brew), tea, Bug's Bunnies carrots, garbanzo beans of pain, soy- no joy, terrible turnips, tomatoes, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, celery, strawberries, pistachios, and hard work. Have a good day! 🙂 Paul

Join eNewsletter

Hi Frankie,

I'm going through a very similar time to you right now.  Over the last 3 months I've had stool changes, headaches, stomachaches, and episodes of dizziness and lightheadedness.  If your esophagus (throat) hurts when you eat certain foods, you may want to ask your doctor about being checked for eosinophilic esophagitis.  It's a reaction to certain foods causing inflammation and other esophogeal issues, and gluten is one of the common allergens.  Eosinophilic Esophagitis is common in teenage and young adult males.  I was just scheduled for an upper scope and they're going to take biopsies for both Eosinophilic Esophagitis and Celiac.

If you're living with your parents, and a gluten free diet makes you feel better, perhaps you should have your doctor speak to your parents on your behalf.  If your doctor feels that there's a compelling reason for you to be gluten free, they need to understand that is something you require for your health.

Join eNewsletter