jaydeamali

Celiacs or something else?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone. I'm new and a little scared by all this. I started getting nausea/vomiting in mid March. I'd had diarrhea off and on for about a year prior to that (nothing weird until about five months ago when it started looking pale and more recently, floating and looked like foam). Didn't think much of it since I had been diagnosed with IBS in my early 20's (I just turned 40 last year). I started having excess belching and heartburn about eight months ago, but still didn't think much of it as my doctor said was just acid reflux and put me on omeprazole, which didn't really work. Once the nausea hit, the stomach pains also started. Not just around my stomach, but all over my abdomen. It goes from sharp to dull. Now, I was diagnosed with severe anxiety about 4 years ago. Medication didn't work as I also have depression, so I have xanax that I take regularly to control the panic attacks. I've been getting tingling in my hands and feet (left wrist diagnosed with Carpal Tunnel, but no explanation for the others). Sometimes the tingling goes to my head, face, and chest as well. So, when the stomach pains, nausea, and vomiting started, I went to the ER thinking I was having a heart attack. They checked, said no, gave me anti-nausea meds, and sent me home. Three days later, I was back. Same thing. They sent me home. A week later, I returned, still throwing up and having stomach pains. The ER doctor said it sounded like an ulcer and sent me to a GI doctor.

Last week, I had an endoscopy. There was no ulcer, though gastritis was noted, and biopsies were done. The results came back and I was told there was in increase in white blood cells which was a strong indication of Celiac's. He sent me to get blood work done. I don't have the results of that yet. Does this sound like Celiac's or could it be something else? Thanks in advance!

Edited by jaydeamali