Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Rate this topic

What brand of hamburger buns does everyone like?  I have not yet found one that I like after a few bites.  Maybe it takes time to get used to the different texture/flavor of the gluten-free bun?  I would love to hear if people have found brands that they really enjoy so I can try them! 

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've only tried a couple buns and wasn't real happy with them. Not awful but both kinds fell apart. Then I found the 'Against the Grain' baguettes. Those work very well for me. They have a nice crust that holds together and reminds me of a good Italian bread. Make a real good cheeseburger sub.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Hi there...this is a tough thing to find!  My favorite right now is from Outside the Breadbox, they're local for me, but I think can be ordered.  I found Canyon Bakehouse to be pretty good.  I'm getting ready to try Three Bakers too.  I do lettuce wraps also because I do enjoy them.

January 2014-Celiac

August 2014- Hashimoto's

"You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice."

Bob Marley

I use Udi's Classic hamburger buns. If I'm at home I butter and cook them on a griddle of flat skillet. Out, I just eat them as is, but I do smash them down so they are not so thick. When traveling I carry them so we can stop at barbeque joints. Have never had a problem. I do check to see that the barbeque sauce is safe.

Kinninnikki makes the Best Breads, Buns, and Dinner Rolls ever!  Also Vanilla wafers all Gluten free.  Udi's Bagettes are the best!  Katz makes some great items too!  Love their pies, only eat them once in a great while freeze good. Their Blueberry Bread is a wonderful treat. 

Like Kinninnikki (hope I spelled this correctly). Has good products!  The Donuts are a great treat, a little better then Katz.  Fresher.  

Like Udi's Blueberry Muffins!  Love Anna Bread Mixes, yummy. Banana Bread amazing.  

Quinoa is a NoNo for me.

Just had a bad experienes eating it!  Awful.  

I love Eating good foods, vegatables, and fruits are wonderful for us all. Not a big meat eater. Hardier to digest especially Beef.   We buy only Grass Fed Beef Organic from a Local farmer.  

Hope this helps!  

Sunny