Jump to content
  • Sign Up
Jane325

Pain on side after Endoscopy

Rate this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi Everyone. I have been suffering from stomach problems for 5 years or so and recently had a blood test done. It came back positive for celiac disease.

Yesterday I had the endoscopy done to see if I am really a celiac or not. When I came home (and after I rested the Propofol off) I had a very strong burning pain in my stomach, almost like expanding heartburn. Luckily that went away but today I have a sharp pain on the right side of my chest and it slides towards my armpit. It comes and goes, but mostly happens when I inhale (not every time).

I called my GI doctor. He was kind of cryptic saying that I should come in tomorrow for a gallbladder ultrasound. I was taken aback and didn't question it but now I am wondering how could my gallbladder be affected? For what I see the gallbladder is way below where I am having pains, so not sure if that's what I need... I tried to call him again but he is out of the office now so I am left all night to wonder...

So my question is: have any of you experienced this kind of pain, or any kind of pain after an endoscopy? If yes, do you know what caused it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See if you still have it tomorrow.  They put you on your side and you might have just pulled a muscle.  Yes, I know it doesn't feel the same as when you pull a leg muscle - chest muscles don't. 

Obviously - if you can't breath;  heart beats too fast, too slow, or  stops; you have paralysis, or your arm falls off - then go to the emergency room!  

Edited by kareng
To add a disclaimer lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, kareng said:

See if you still have it tomorrow.  They put you on your side and you might have just pulled a muscle.  Yes, I know it doesn't feel the same as when you pull a leg muscle - chest muscles don't. 

Obviously - if you can't breath;  heart beats too fast, too slow, or  stops; you have paralysis, or your arm falls off - then go to the emergency room!  

It's not a pulled muscle. It doesn't hurt if I move, stretch or reach out (tried all kinds of movements to see). It hurts when I breathe...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jane325 said:

It's not a pulled muscle. It doesn't hurt if I move, stretch or reach out (tried all kinds of movements to see). It hurts when I breathe...

I was really sick for about a day after my endoscope-vomiting, aching all over, just feeling horrible. For me, it was the sedative because the same thing happened after my colonoscopy a few years back. They gave me hardly any, but apparently I am very sensitive to it.. 

It could be coincidence that your having this problem right now just after the endoscope.  I would go and have the ultrasound done. 

 

Edited by SLLRunner

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, SLLRunner said:

I was really sick for about a day after my endoscope-vomiting, aching all over, just feeling horrible. For me, it was the sedative because the same thing happened after my colonoscopy a few years back. They gave me hardly any, but apparently I am very sensitive to it.. 

It could be coincidence that your having this problem right now just after the endoscope.  I would go and have the ultrasound done. 

 

Thank you for your reply. I'm really sorry that you had such a strong reaction to the sedative, it sounds pretty bad.

I also thought that the pain might be a coincidence but it was really coming out of nowhere... I woke up without the pain this morning and feeling quite OK. I called the doctor and his nurse suggested that I still get the ultrasound anyway just in case so I agreed... but it turned out that I couldn't have anything to drink since last night (my doctor told me I should fast but that it was OK to drink) so I couldn't have it done today.

I was feeling like 90% until I went out to do some errands and started feeling horrible, a mix of allergy and flu-like symptoms. I have back pain, super heavy body, runny nose, sore throat and pain in my ears and was really light headed/tired. So I am just taking it easy for the day now. The GI asked me to monitor my symptoms during the weekend and call their emergency number if I got worse. :/

Edited by Jane325
spelling!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...