Rate this topic

Hi Everyone!

I had a endoscopy and a colonoscopy performed today. I don't see my doctor for 4 weeks, once she receives the pathology report and such. I do have a copy of the procedure note and was wondering if anyone had any input for me that maybe had similar results. I only had one blood test for Celiac the IgA (I think) and it was normal. I do have many other symptoms though. 

Endoscopy:

Z-line was irregular. Minimal inflammation was found in the gastric antrum. The duodenum was normal.

Colonoscopy:

The colon appeared normal.

The terminal ileum appeared normal.

Has anyone had results similar to these? Anything seem concerning with this... Thanks!

48 minutes ago, christinap728 said:

Hi Everyone!

I had a endoscopy and a colonoscopy performed today. I don't see my doctor for 4 weeks, once she receives the pathology report and such. I do have a copy of the procedure note and was wondering if anyone had any input for me that maybe had similar results. I only had one blood test for Celiac the IgA (I think) and it was normal. I do have many other symptoms though. 

Endoscopy:

Z-line was irregular. Minimal inflammation was found in the gastric antrum. The duodenum was normal.

Colonoscopy:

The colon appeared normal.

The terminal ileum appeared normal.

Has anyone had results similar to these? Anything seem concerning with this... Thanks!

My endoscopy and colonoscopy were both normal from a visual perspective; however, my biopsies revealed a Marsh Stage IIIB.  I think you just need to wait for the pathologist's report.  What prompted them to go forward with these two procedures if they did not suspect celiac disease?

It is a shame that you did not get the entire panel.  I personally test negative to the TTG IgA and only positive on the DGP IgA.  Weird, but it happens.  I would continue to eat gluten until you get the reports in.  

On a different note, I thought my niece had celiac disease for sure.  Her endoscopy and colonoscopy showed no damage and her complete celiac disease blood panel was negative too.  Later, a different GI ordered a pill cam.  That revealed Crohn's Disease.  So, why share this?  Don't settle if they do not find anything.  There is a reason you are sick!  

I've never had an endoscopy-- I refused to continue eating wheat in order to get one, as I was shredding my skin to ribbons.  (Very itchy and twitchy)  However, I've had two colonoscopies, and I will have a third before I turn 50! :o  but I don't think that has so much to do with celiac disease as my family and personal history.  My dad had colon cancer at 51, so I had to start screening early, and they found polyps each time. :(

Thank you both for the information. When I follow-up with my GI doctor I will ask for the full bloodwork panel, if the biopsy comes back negative. My symptoms of celiac are what prompted the scopes, but also family history. My 36 year old cousin was just diagnosed with stage IV colon cancer and my 26 year old brother with diverticulosis and my mother and grandfather have it too. My primary ordered the initial blood work, but my GI hasn't ordered any bloodwork yet. Just the scopes and stool samples. Thanks again!