Rate this topic

I am sure this has been talked about a lot on here, but I still wanted to ask the question.  When visiting my mom for 2 weeks she made oatmeal and added gluten-free brewers yeast to it. There were other different foods I ate at her home, such as quinoa. I got really ill and I decided that I needed to find a doctor to give me thyroid medications since gluten was hurting my thyroid. Did that and the meds almost killed me. So I stayed off all grains and decided that this was my new life. Ok, so I decided later I could try and add a grain at a time and "see" how I felt. I have not added back the three listed items and I am scared to. I have read that any type of brewers yeast is bad for most of us. I loved oats and I don't recall having issues with it before, but I am scared. I am really enjoying being pain free and no skin issues and thyroid issues.  

Please offer your thoughts, suggestions, and any advice. Thanks   

Quinoa if labeled with gluten-free certifications should be safe, Oats you have to be super careful with in America as they are pushing a mechanical separation for gluten-free oats which still makes alot of us sick, Only Brand I trust of oats is gluten-free Harvest. As for brewers yeast stay away from it period, it is a byproduct of making beer normally  not gluten-free nutritional yeast in most cases is safe if labeled gluten-free.     I would suggest trying a little bit at a time and seeing how your body reacts, and make sure they have the gluten-free certification on them.

Thank you, I miss oats, so I will try that brand and see if I can eat it.  The yeast said it was gluten-free, but I am not lost without it, I can just take extra B's. I will look into the Quinoa, if anyone has a brand they trust, please let me know.