This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Dallas Convention Room Share

Ennis-TX

Ennis-TX Grand Master

REALLY odd call out here, I am attending a anime convention called A-Fest in Dallas come August, I need someone to split the room with it who is gluten-free. I take extra precautions, I COOK all the food, bring only CERTIFIED foods into the room, The room will be Gluten Free, Corn Free, Dairy Free, Peanut Free. I am trying to find someone to split the room cost with, that would be safe to be around I CAN NOT AFFORD to get sick at one of these things, it is one of my few joys left in life and get very paranoid around them. So I need someone who is also gluten-free to make sure the room stays safe (YES I have done with with a non celiac with the rules down and well stuff happens so not chancing it). Room split is food coverage comes to $400 if it is just two people.  4 day convention, I will arrange a meal plan around your diet as long as it is free of my allergens. I will also provide various snacks, baked goods, and even stuff to take home with you.

Open Original Shared Link

^Convention info.

• 2 weeks later...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Ennis-TX Grand Master

Just confirmed I am working the convention as staff . I just need to split the room with someone, otherwise I am sleeping in my car lol.

• 2 months later...
Ennis-TX Grand Master

Yeah I need someone to attend with me, I had someone else but they canceled on me. The hotel room is booked from the 16th-20th of August. I can pick up from the airport, greyhound, or train station and drop off if need be, room is booked from the 16th technically a day before the convention so you have time for sightseeing. Room is a double queen and you get your own bed. It is a anime convention with many Japanese guest this year, I will provide snacks, meals, etc with the room fee and I will accept paypal, credit card, or cash. Meals will be made decided on after talking with whoever is rooming with a diet build around what you can eat. The room will be gluten, corn, dairy, and peanut free. I do bring a chef kit with me including griddle, steamer, rice cooker, etc.

Archived