Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

lillybel

I'm hashimotos,Need some answers

Rate this topic

Hello everyone :) 

Before jumping to my question , I think I should tell my story.

3 years ago, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroiditis) . I didn't have any allergic response to food. But , interestingly, I was running away from food because I was feeling a little bloated when I eat . I was feeling good when I kept my stomach empty , so I lost a huge amount of weight . Everyone thought that I had eating disorder because I became a skeleton . Then , I had some intolerance and allergy tests . It showed that I was gluten intolerant,but not severe.Also it showed that I was severely allergic to dairy.

I didn't mind eating gluten because I wasn't celiac.But last year,I started to get sick too often.I had intestinal inflammation and bacterial overgrowth.Doctor gave me antibiotics which made me even worse than before.I was throwing up once a week and having diarrhea every day.I couldn't go out for 1-2 weeks. Then I made some research. I saw some papers about gluten allerhy,intolerance - hashimotos connection . I gave up on gluten then quickly healed. I was happy and energetic again.But,a month later I went abroad and eat a lot of glutenous food . I had diarrhea everyday. Again when I come back to home I wen back to my diet. Also,my family were trying to make eat bread,they didn't believe me at first.I was biting a little bit then hiding it :( Anyways I started feel better but not much.A month later I ate gluten for a week,again.This time It was even worse ! I got sick . 

Then school started.My family finally understood the problem about gluten so they started to cook gluten free . I'm gluten free for 8-9 months , unfortunately I ate chickpea stew outside which may had gluten :( I got diarrhea when I ate it and thought that It wasnt soaked well so..I asked them later and they said that It may have a little bit of flour in it.

Soo my question is , should I test for celiac ?? I won't start eating gluten even if tests came negative.I'm happier and healthier.It also helped my thyroid :D I heard that If you don't eat gluten for long time you can't get accurate test results . I also can't have a endoscopy for some reasons  ..

Keep in mind that I ate cross contaminated foods during 9 month period .And a 1-2 month ago something thickened with flour (I had diarrhea  right after eating) :( 

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you can maintain a gluten free diet without a piece of paper that tells you that you need to, why bother? It will lead to higher life and health insurance costs, be a pre-existing condition, etc. 

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Join eNewsletter

On 5/7/2017 at 1:03 PM, lillybel said:

Hello everyone :) 

Before jumping to my question , I think I should tell my story.

3 years ago, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's (autoimmune thyroiditis) . I didn't have any allergic response to food. But , interestingly, I was running away from food because I was feeling a little bloated when I eat . I was feeling good when I kept my stomach empty , so I lost a huge amount of weight . Everyone thought that I had eating disorder because I became a skeleton . Then , I had some intolerance and allergy tests . It showed that I was gluten intolerant,but not severe.Also it showed that I was severely allergic to dairy.

I didn't mind eating gluten because I wasn't celiac.But last year,I started to get sick too often.I had intestinal inflammation and bacterial overgrowth.Doctor gave me antibiotics which made me even worse than before.I was throwing up once a week and having diarrhea every day.I couldn't go out for 1-2 weeks. Then I made some research. I saw some papers about gluten allerhy,intolerance - hashimotos connection . I gave up on gluten then quickly healed. I was happy and energetic again.But,a month later I went abroad and eat a lot of glutenous food . I had diarrhea everyday. Again when I come back to home I wen back to my diet. Also,my family were trying to make eat bread,they didn't believe me at first.I was biting a little bit then hiding it :( Anyways I started feel better but not much.A month later I ate gluten for a week,again.This time It was even worse ! I got sick . 

Then school started.My family finally understood the problem about gluten so they started to cook gluten free . I'm gluten free for 8-9 months , unfortunately I ate chickpea stew outside which may had gluten :( I got diarrhea when I ate it and thought that It wasnt soaked well so..I asked them later and they said that It may have a little bit of flour in it.

Soo my question is , should I test for celiac ?? I won't start eating gluten even if tests came negative.I'm happier and healthier.It also helped my thyroid :D I heard that If you don't eat gluten for long time you can't get accurate test results . I also can't have a endoscopy for some reasons  ..

Keep in mind that I ate cross contaminated foods during 9 month period .And a 1-2 month ago something thickened with flour (I had diarrhea  right after eating) :( 

Sometimes diseased cause unexpected allergy

Join eNewsletter