Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Phoebe Patel

Glad to have joined!

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Personally I have some other issues and only found I can eat at a dedicated place called Across the Pond up in Richardson Texas in the DFW area. I used to enjoy eating a few other places but one has shut down and the other changed cooking methods so it is no longer safe for me. >.< it got to the point I started up my own Paleo based catering business and have been selling at vendor stalls in the local farmers market.

Diagnosed Issues
Celiac (Gluten Ataxia, and Villi Damage dia. 2014, Villi mostly healed on gluten-free diet 2017 confirmed by scope)
Ulcerative Colitis (Dia, 2017), ADHD, Bipolar, Asperger Syndrome (form of autism)
Allergies Corn, Whey
Sensitivities/Intolerances
Peanuts (resolved 2019), Cellulose Gel, Lactose, Soy, Yeast
Olives (Seems to have resolved or gone mostly away as of Jan, 2017), Sesame (Gone away as of June 2017, still slight Nausea)
Enzyme issues with digesting some foods I have to take Pancreatic Enzymes Since mine does not work right, additional food prep steps also
Low Tolerance for sugars and carbs (Glucose spikes and UC Flares)
Occupation Gluten Free Bakery, Paleo Based Chef/Food Catering

Join eNewsletter

I ( and many of us) use the 'find me gluten free' app - you plug in the address of where you want to eat and the app will bring up potential restaurants in the area with reviews from actual people who ate there.  it's for real, I review on it all the time.  that being said, not many restaurants are perfect, choose wisely, ask questions and don't be shy when you're ordering out.  I tell people I am on a medically necessary diet and i'm not just trying to be healthy or lose weight.  I have had pretty good luck once you know what to look out for ;) 

some places, I just look at the menu and order a drink, lolz - one place in NJ was all kinds of fried, breaded, just mostly gluten filled menu.  just gave the menu back to the server and ordered a wine, lolz - no sense in tempting fate!!  good luck!!

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter

I've been fine eating at Qdoba if I ask them to change gloves and use clean utensils. 

I've worked with our local Applebees too. They will clean the grill, change gloves...ect for me. So, haven't had any issues there either. 

We have a couple of pizza places that have dedicated stations for gluten-free pizzas and haven't had an issue there either. 

I've eaten out at these places about twice a month for the last several years without an issue. There's only one item on the menu at each that I can have and only because I've very specific with the restaurant staff on how to prepare the food and they accommodate me. 

Abdominal Pain/GI symptoms started= ~01/02/2014

Gallbladder out= 02/20/14

tTG IgA Postive= 03/21/14

DX via Biopsy (Marsh 3b)= 04/21/14

Celiac Antibodies within Normal range(Gluten free diet)= 10/23/2014

Join eNewsletter