Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

3 3
MariaMart

Eating after Glutened

Rate this topic

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Welcome to the forum. Did you get diagnosed with celiac disease? It sounds like you are on a gluten-free diet now, is that correct? Here is a starter guide if this is correct:

Scott Adams

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Founder Celiac.com

Join eNewsletter

I find Cream of Buckwheat cereal to be soothing and easy to digest. I use Pocono brand. It is grown and processed a couple towns over but is available nationwide and they may have it available off line. Other than that I go with stuff that is easy for me to digest. Homemade chicken soup, well cooked veggies and fruits etc. I hope you heal quickly.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

for me, personally, I just eat whatever i'm hungry for.  sometimes, just gluten-free toast or something light, a little tea.  or, sometimes, after i'm done feeling icky, i'll eat a huge meal.  that being said, I've been on gluten free diet for 10 years.  your guts might be more sensitive if you're just starting this journey.

fyi - my blood test was negative, too.  but, I went gluten free before doc tested me (at the advice of another doc, lol ?)  but within 2 weeks, I was feeling much better and gained 20 lbs, I was dangerously underweight and could not digest anything before that.  good luck!

edited to add:  I did have a follow up endoscopy that the g.i. doc could see the damage but I was advised not to do a gluten challenge because I was dangerously malnourished.  

what scott said below = true story.  my case was a little different.

Edited by notme!
add info

arlene

misdiagnosed for 25 years!
just as i was getting my affairs in order to die of malnutrition...
gluten free 7/2010
blood test negative
celiac confirmed by endoscopy 9/2010

only YOU can prevent forest fires - smokey t. bear

have a nice day :)

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator

Join eNewsletter