Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Becky6

Anyone Have Trouble With Amy's Tofu Scrambler?

I ate this yesterday first thing in the am and shortly after felt the signs of being glutened. Today I still feel yucky! My only other possiblity could this be a reaction to the soy? I drink soy milk every once in a while with out a problem. Just curious! This is the first time since being gluten-free that I have felt this bad!

Ooh sorry you got sick - I know people have been glutened by Amy's.

This is just a random observation - I've noticed that a large majority of the time, when people talk about getting glutened by a pre-packaged gluten-free item, that item almost always contains soy. Maybe that's just a coincidence. I notice for example, that people have problems with Van's Waffles. Well there's soy flour in Van's Waffles. Soy in the form of flour always, without a doubt, makes me feel "glutened". Maybe that's just me though.

Hmmm - Sorry that doesn't help you much, but I do think it could have been the soy. Hope you feel better. :)

This is just a random observation - I've noticed that a large majority of the time, when people talk about getting glutened by a pre-packaged gluten-free item, that item almost always contains soy. Maybe that's just a coincidence. I notice for example, that people have problems with Van's Waffles. Well there's soy flour in Van's Waffles. Soy in the form of flour always, without a doubt, makes me feel "glutened". Maybe that's just me though.

Random Observation #2:

Everytime someone on this board says, "Have you ever gotten sick by...." If I've eaten that food, then a huge YES has always welled up inside of me. Bob's Hot & Tasty Cereal, Van's Waffles, Amy's Tofu Scramble, those are just a few. I've wondered if if was cross-contamination or the soy causing a similar reaction. I think I've read that soy is similar enough in its protein structure that it may cause a similar reaction. I know that I can't drink Soy Milk, but sometimes soy ingredients don't seem to bother me.

Yes, Becky, I've had a reaction to Amy's Tofu Scramble. Like Mango I've wondered. I dunno :unsure: