Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Viola

Okay, All You Fabulous Cooks!

Guest Viola

& maybe your hubby needs to learn how to cook, he may discover a hidden talent :o

--matt

Garlic spikes up mashed potatoes nicely without added salt, as does a little bit of wasabi.

I rarely cook anything that takes over 30 minutes. Many bases can be bought low sodium or with no "added" salt. You'll be surprised to find that most restaurants get low sodium more than they get gluten free.

Stick to recipes that have acombined prep/cook time of under an hour, and stick to a main dish. If it needs a side I throw in a salad or some rice, but seriously, if a three course meal is needed we can go out. I spend very little time in the kitchen and we eat really well. I don't have the time or energy for "from scratch" but I meet it halfway and it works really well.

Elonwy

Guest mmc

I agree with the points on balsamic vinegar...it's just not for salads! :D

Try marinating or brushing the meat (I personally know it works for beef, pork, chicken, and salmon) with balsamic vinegar. Or try reducing it by boiling it in a pan until it is glossy and coats the back of a spoon. Reducing it brings out the sweetness of the vinegar and it is divine drizzled over chicken that has been grilled naked.