• Join Our Community!

Do you have questions about celiac disease or the gluten-free diet?

Sis

What Kind Of Dr.?

Rate this topic

I have been following the messages posted on Endo and Endo of the small bowel and have noticed that I am having similar symptoms and that these symptoms are happening pretty much right before I start a period. I've read where the diagnosis is usually made through Laparscopic surgery. I had Laparscopic surgery back in November which was performed by a GI Surgeon. My question is would a GI Surgeon be likely to find Endo on the small bowel or would I need a GYN Dr. ?

Any info. or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Do you have Bowel Endometiosis? If so, what kind of symptoms do you have? I was diagnsed with Celiac Disease back in October and I know the symptoms I suffer from when I get glutened, but I have had a lot of other weird symptoms that neither my GI Dr. nor I can figure out. We don't think it is another intolerence or allergy because the abdominal pain that I get is so severe. I have had several CT scans that have shown persistent Intussuseption of the small bowel(where the intestines telescope into itself). The Laparscopic surgery that I had was to try and find a reason for my intestines to be doing this. My Dr. says that there is almost always a lead point like a tumor/mass, lymph node or something but nothing was found. I am just concerned about whether a GI surgeon would have detected any bowel endometriosis or not. I had no idea that there was such a thing until I read these posts.

The surgeon who operated on me (hysterectomy, bilateral oopherectomy) found endo on the bowel. I was a mess. He "excised" what he could (how he did this, heaven only knows) but I worry, on my bad days that it's still there.

I don't know what to suggest as I'm more or less in the same boat.

Thanks for the reply. I am not sure what I am going to do next. I just seem to be in pain most of the time. I guess I need to try and let the Dr. do his job. I just keep praying for him to find out what is going on in addition to the Celiac.