Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Healthy Choice has a chicken and rice that is safe and yummy.

I steer clear of Campbells ---

In fact when my internist first suspected celiacs, the first thing she said to me was "You will have to avoid canned soups"....struck me as odd at the time - but very very true.

I have been under the impression that some corn starch can contain gluten in it. Especially in processed foods - And I came on here to see if I could eat some soup for lunch (and the closest store is Vons). I thought it might be easy this time to find something Gluten free... what was I thinking??

:angry:

I ate some campbells' soup on the weekend which had only corn starch in it (from the label)-it was the rice/bean soup and I KNOW that it glutened me! Now, it had MSG, does MSG have any gluten? I'm new to the diet and am having somany issues right now this is the last thing I needed. Can campbell's be trusted like say kraft?

RAchelle

Progresso's safe + some of Amy's soups (I get them at whole foods) are gluten-free (read the labels).

SOME Progresso soup and SOME of Amy's soup is gluten free. Please read the labels well.

Campbells have a policy that they will clearly label gluten in the ingredients list. If you don't see a gluten grain named, then the product is safe. Formulas do differ between Canada and the US. In Canada, the condensed chicken and rice soup is gluten-free. I don't know about its status in the US.