Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chelle15

I Can't Drink This Stuff!

you would NOT like to be me then!

I have blood tests to monitor my thyroid every week at least cause my thyroid gets thrown off by such a little thing and makes me horibbly sick. So i am used to blood tests esp. cause it usually takes them about 5 pokes before they get my vein.

Who thinks the IV is hard? I didn't feel anything more than when they take blood....just a little pinch and that was it!

I was more afraid of having an IV than being in labor...honest to God! No one can ever find my veins and my hand or arm is always swollen and killing me before, during and after. It usually takes a few sticks and different nurses b/f they can run the IV...yuck! I'm making a face just thingking about it! :o

Oh dear, the worst part for me wasn't the taste, it was the endless drinking and feeling like if I took another sip I'd throw it all up. No wait, the worst part was being up all night pooping. No wait.... the worst part was the time I didn't wake up in time.

I had mine done today. Thank god it is over. I was so worried about gagging. They sprayed the stuff in my throat, and I was pretty much out of it for that. The colonoscopy, though, I was awake for most of it. I watched it on the screen. It was a tad uncomfortable, but I was relieved at how smoothly it went. I did not want to be awake at all, but I was. However, I still go to the bathroom alot...

The doctor didn't talk to me cuz she another procedure she was in went over. I was told everything looked normal but I will get the biopsies back in 10 to 14 days. Any chance if everything looks normal that the biopsies could still show damage?

The damage can be microscopic.

Both my biosies and my blood tests were negative, but I went to Enterolab, whose testing is more sensitive, and got positive results.

Glad you got it over with!

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

Thank you very much. I will be getting the help from a natural doctor as I’m in the UK and Don’t find mainstream medicine very clued up about this kind of thing here. Thank you for your help XX
    Hi Kim! We can't tell just by what you posted. Every lab has different reference ranges so we would need those ranges. Can you please post those? Also, it doesn't matter if you have mild or severe intestinal symptoms as over 50% of diagnosed...
    Hello All, Just looking for information on vitamins. Had some testing come back this week that my bone density is low, as is my B12 and D. So, I clearly need to supplement, but have read that it's hard to trust vitamin brands that say...