Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nic

Cocoa Puffs

Hi, just thought I would send out the warning. I realized this summer that Cocoa Puffs did not contain wheat so I was allowing my son to eat them as a treat. He was very excited to be able to eat what his cousins could eat. My husband picked up a box this weekend and I was just looking at them (apparently he didn't :angry: ). It says contains wheat at the bottom of the ingredients and then under that in blue there is a warning to food allergic people that it "now contain wheat". I know cocoa puffs is not necessary in their diet but I just feel bad that there goes another food he was able to eat. I feel like complaining but what good would that do?

Nicole

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi, just thought I would send out the warning. I realized this summer that Cocoa Puffs did not contain wheat so I was allowing my son to eat them as a treat. He was very excited to be able to eat what his cousins could eat. My husband picked up a box this weekend and I was just looking at them (apparently he didn't :angry: ). It says contains wheat at the bottom of the ingredients and then under that in blue there is a warning to food allergic people that it "now contain wheat". I know cocoa puffs is not necessary in their diet but I just feel bad that there goes another food he was able to eat. I feel like complaining but what good would that do?

Nicole

You can complain, others have already, but it won't do any good. They already took into consideration the fact that they would be throwing away your patronage when they made the decision to try to scam more non-celiacs into thinking that they have made Cocoa Puffs a "multi-grain" cereal (according to some bizarre new government definition).

Nothing

I agree, and let your local group know so they can complain, too. We're a big group, we should be able to make a difference!!

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06