This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

The Funny Pages - Tickle Me Elbow - The Original

TriticusToxicum

elye Community Regular

Bev, you may have already done so, but could you put a pic of Uncle Ray up in your avatar space? I've heard so much about him, I feel like I know him. :D

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 51k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
tom Contributor
Whatever ... B) It's too late for us to go back and check. :)

Hehe whaaaaaaaat? I meant another opportunity to mention Indy seating! :o

(I knew it wasn't said well, but was too tired to make it better :( )

Went to a WhF gluten-free/celiac mtg last night. Damn I wish some of the younger ones from last yrs mtgs would show. It was even free gluten-free pizza night!

P.S. Nikki! I'm slow to say "great av change!"

Thar's them boys!

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Susan is right-handed ... that's why she holds her wine glass in her right hand while eating and brushing her teeth with her left.

:lol::lol:

I WRITE and EAT and BRUSH MY TEEF left handed.....everything else is very strongly right. :huh:

I've only met a handful of others in my life who are this way.

Well, I had to change my avatar. I just could not bear to look at Susie's hair style one more minute!

:lol: I did love that troll w/ inverted 'do.....

OK, anybody mind if I post about 350 of the exact same message so I can get into the club?

Just put a

:lol:

or a

:)

or a

:o

...in after every post you read. Not only gets you closer to secret club and canadian house, makes you seem really empathetic. :lol:

I was in that grand Fortune 500 race...alongside Jerry and....forget her real name, but her posting name is "confused". Jerry won, but it was VERY close and the tension was electric. His clever strategy was to simply count the post number on each posting, and nothing else. "478"...then "479"...Kinda cheating :P:angry: , if you ask moi. Actually, thank gawd there isn't a governing body that regulates "real" posts, and deletes those that don't meet up to content standard. Don't think I'd be past twenty or so!

and then - curiously - we hardly SEE Jerry any more! It's like he just USED us, to get his 500 posts and his subtitle! :lol:

Maybe it's just a Canadian house. I don't want one of those

Silly Jess. I"LL take it. ;)

Oh, SuuuuuuuZeeeee . . .

Times up. What color and geometrical shape is your hair, now?

...............drumroll please...................

the SHAPE is normal, nicely conditioned and lying flat.

THE COLOR - - - :o

OMG embarrassingly dark. Just think - Johnny Cash, or Wayne Newton......................or black shoe polish.

:angry:

HOwever, I am not fully irate as this will fade quite quickly into something quite good. Which will then fade even more, until gray roots show, the shoe polish shade morfs into the brassy orange again, and then, we begin the process ALL OVER AGAIN.

:angry:

I hate getting older.

CarlaB Enthusiast
Hehe whaaaaaaaat? I meant another opportunity to mention Indy seating! :o

(I knew it wasn't said well, but was too tired to make it better :( )

Tom, nope, I'm not going to mention that stuff when you want me to. I'm going to mention stuff like that when you least expect it. :)

Susie, I write left-handed, everything else is generally right-handed ... but I can eat just as easily with either hand ... since I'm usually eating with right-handers on either side of me, I usually eat right handed. Sounds like both sides of your and my brains work ... that's why we're so smart!

I used to have a hard time with tennis ... if it was a backhand that was hard to reach, I'd put my racket in my left hand! :D Once I started playing racquetball with that racket that ties around your wrist, that got much more difficult to do and I had to stop that bad habit! :lol:

TriticusToxicum Explorer
:lol::lol: Tassel twirling whilst show boarding !!!! :lol::lol:

Did somebody say "Tassels"? :huh::o

My ears were burning, better than the alternative as suggested by Carla B)

Please forgive my absense...I am being very pentinent and trying to catch up and read 2 month worth of silliness :)

From the looks of things you Silly-Yaks haven't missed a beat - NICE WORK!

I do have one issue -Who let Wayne Newton in? Isn't it in the bylaws that Robert Goulet (love the commercial) is the Official lounge lizard, and as such only his greatest hit(s) shall be played on a loop as our back ground noise? Sheesh! :P

tom Contributor

Awww dingy, nuthin about muddled or mottled or whatever mint in mojitos? :(

Richard!! One of these times ya GOTsta stick around!! Be a "second rooster"! ;)

Gotta run - cooler weather = mandatory hoops! :) :)

But Wayne Newton? That sounds like an answer to "Whose pic is least likely to be on susie's computer?" !! :blink:

DingoGirl Enthusiast

RICH-ARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o:rolleyes:

ohhhhhhh my Looooooooooooord - - -

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now tell us THIS INSTANT why you have been away for so long, or I WILL send the dingos. ;)

Robert Goulet? does he have the black shoe polish hair also? hmmmm....must check......

I'm sorry but Wayne Newton creeps me out more than anyone......(oh hi Wayne if you're reaidng this and so sorry! :ph34r:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

DingoGirl Enthusiast

Tenacious Tom.......

muddled is the correct term and yes, did I forget to mention the fresh mint leaves also, growing wild in my back yard? very important.....you crush them with sugar in the mortar/pestle.

Darn210 Enthusiast

Subject: The Rooster

John, the Wellton farmer was in the fertilized egg business. He had

several hundred young layers (hens), called "pullets" and eight or ten

roosters, whose job was to fertilize the eggs. The farmer kept records

and any rooster that didn't perform went into the soup pot and was

replaced. That took an awful lot of his time so he bought a set of tiny

bells and attached them to his roosters. Each bell had a different tone

so John could tell from a distance, which rooster was performing. Now he

could sit on the porch and fill out an efficiency report simply by

listening to the bells. The farmer's favorite rooster was old Butch, and

a very fine specimen he was, too. But on this particular morning John

noticed old Butch's bell hadn't rung at all! John went to investigate.

The other roosters were chasing pullets, bells-a-ringing. The pullets,

hearing the roosters coming, would run for cover. But to Farmer John's

amazement, Butch had his bell in his beak, so it couldn't ring. He'd

sneak up on a pullet, do his job and walk on to the next one. John was

so proud of Butch, he entered him in the Boone County Fair andButch

became an overnight sensation among the judges. The result...

The judges not only awarded Butch the No Bell Piece Prize but they also

awarded him the Pulletsurprise as well. Clearly Butch was a politician

in the making: who else but a politician could figure out how to win two

of the most highly coveted awards on our planet by being the best at

sneaking up on the populace and screwing them when they weren't paying

attention?

Are you roosters wearing your bells? :P

TriticusToxicum Explorer
RICH-ARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:o:rolleyes:

ohhhhhhh my Looooooooooooord - - -

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

now tell us THIS INSTANT why you have been away for so long, or I WILL send the dingos. ;)

Robert Goulet? does he have the black shoe polish hair also? hmmmm....must check......

I'm sorry but Wayne Newton creeps me out more than anyone......(oh hi Wayne if you're reaidng this and so sorry! :ph34r:

I have changed jobs, and the opportunities for daily (or all day, as the case used to be) silliness seldom presents itself.

I'm also playing super-dad at home. My wife has gone back to school full-time, so Mr. Mom it is. I was having a "Shining" moment ("all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy") so I decided to parachute in. Nice to see some familiar faces (Wayne excepted). Please heel the dingos :huh:

Open Original Shared Link

I swear he has visited my office. I've taken to napping in the mornings just to avoid his tom-foolery

TriticusToxicum Explorer

Gotta run - cooler weather = mandatory hoops! :) :)

But Wayne Newton? That sounds like an answer to "Whose pic is least likely to be on susie's computer?" !! :blink:

I've heard of "second banana", but "second rooster"? Have I been away that long? <_<:P

Darn210 Enthusiast
THE COLOR - - - :o

OMG embarrassingly dark. Just think - Johnny Cash, or Wayne Newton......................or black shoe polish.

But "embarrassingly dark" will go fantabulously with the orange skin that you so desire. (I would recommend an overuse of sunless tanning products to achieve this goal). Thank goodness you did not attempt orange skin with the orange hair. If they were two different color of oranges, it would have clashed hideously. :o

TriticusToxicum Explorer
But "embarrassingly dark" will go fantabulously with the orange skin that you so desire. (I would recommend an overuse of sunless tanning products to achieve this goal). Thank goodness you did not attempt orange skin with the orange hair. If they were two different color of oranges, it would have clashed hideously. :o

Any discussion of orange skin should begin and end with this man. I think the hole in the ozone layer has been following him! (due to the propellants in his hair spray perhaps?)

ain't nuthin' fake about THAT bake!

I mean Open Original Shared Link look like they "hang" all the time. I'm afraid NOT, Edgar is probably getting skin cancer just from sitting so close to him! (second hand sun) :P

CarlaB Enthusiast

Hi Richard, you must pop in more often!!

TriticusToxicum Explorer
Hi Richard, you must pop in more often!!

WORK....HARUMPFFFFFF

<_<

Good to "see" you. Any chance you'll be bringing back the "Over 40 women" thread? Those were fun times ( i still say there were never more than 6 of you there at any time) ;)

DingoGirl Enthusiast
I have changed jobs, and the opportunities for daily (or all day, as the case used to be) silliness seldom presents itself.

:angry::angry: Well now THAT is EGREGIOUSLY HEINOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Harumphfffffffffffffff indeed!

Um, we don't have those nuts or that Robert Goulet commercial on west coast. oh my gaaaaaaaaaawd, thanks for sharing. :lol: :lol: I think he comes in my closet and in my drawers and cupboards and messes things up all the time.....or wait, is it ME messing things up? :ph34r:

I've heard of "second banana", but "second rooster"? Have I been away that long? <_<:P

Tom has been the only rooster in the henhouse, mostly (occasional pop-ins from Steve/GFP) and so we could use another. oh and um, NEED I REMIND YOU, you are the FOUNDER of this beloved thread???????? :huh:

Hoping to achieve Oompa Loompa in original WW film. :lol: But OMG those tans.....George Hamilton....someone really needs to TELL him that it's SO SO over.

Hair will be fine in a few days. Susie is much happier.

now back to work. harrumph.

CarlaB Enthusiast
WORK....HARUMPFFFFFF

<_<

Good to "see" you. Any chance you'll be bringing back the "Over 40 women" thread? Those were fun times ( i still say there were never more than 6 of you there at any time) ;)

That's because there are only six of us who will admit publically that we are over 40!

Jestgar Rising Star
WORK....HARUMPFFFFFF

<_<

"over 40" is a state of mind. changes depending on the day

TriticusToxicum Explorer
I think he comes in my closet and in my drawers and cupboards and messes things up all the time.....or wait, is it ME messing things up? :ph34r:

*snicker* you said in my drawers :P *snicker*

But OMG those tans.....George Hamilton....someone really needs to TELL him that it's SO SO over.

it's really sad when that is your claim to fame. Need a guy with a crazy tan - call George...

I know a woman (of the gold digging variety) who has her own tanning bed, and man sakes alive does she get her money's worth out of it. George might be a bit pale next to her :o

Hair will be fine in a few days. Susie is much happier.

...even mullets grow out

now back to work. harrumph.

HaRuMPFF Indeed

Mtndog Collaborator
Did somebody say "Tassels"? :huh::o

My ears were burning, better than the alternative as suggested by Carla B)

Please forgive my absense...I am being very pentinent and trying to catch up and read 2 month worth of silliness :)

From the looks of things you Silly-Yaks haven't missed a beat - NICE WORK!

I do have one issue -Who let Wayne Newton in? Isn't it in the bylaws that Robert Goulet (love the commercial) is the Official lounge lizard, and as such only his greatest hit(s) shall be played on a loop as our back ground noise? Sheesh! :P

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tassles must be the magic word (or must they be TWIRLING!). Richard- you KNOW we will always twirl our tassles for you!

WE MISSED YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ahem...speaking of women over 40...I have exactly 43 days left in my thirties....I am NOT mature enough to turn 40 :lol::wacko::ph34r: :ph34r:

elye Community Regular

Welcome back, Richard! I'm a relative newcomer to all of this blatant silliness.

I am also A BIG fan of Bob Goulet...I'm 41...and I think I'm gonna tie one of those bells on me husband (oops! Sorry, Pirate Day's long over...)

tom Contributor
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tassles must be the magic word (or must they be TWIRLING!). Richard- you KNOW we will always twirl our tassles for you!

There's a magic word? <[nudge] . . not a bad choice richard> Wasn't there a magic word to give Steve/gfp the "Dr. Bombay Treatment"?

Hmmmmmm . . . ..

>SHAZAAM!!!< :blink:

<looks around> :rolleyes:

nope . . . .but close isn't it?

YES!!! :huh:

SHIRAZ!!! :D

<looks at watch>

. . . .

. . . . .

. . . . .

pouilly fuisse? :unsure:

tom Contributor
. . . (oops! Sorry, Pirate Day's long over...)

Land Ho! (Not to be interpreted w/ the sentence structure of land shark)

I be spottin' a hangov-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! :P

DingoGirl Enthusiast
Ahem...speaking of women over 40...I have exactly 43 days left in my thirties....I am NOT mature enough to turn 40 :lol::wacko::ph34r: :ph34r:

:lol: oh indeed, most decidedly NOT :P

There's a magic word? <[nudge] . . not a bad choice richard> Wasn't there a magic word to give Steve/gfp the "Dr. Bombay Treatment"?

. . . . .

In college I worked in a wine/cheese/coffee store for snoots (OMG I think it was the first and ONLY whole-bean gourmet coffee vendor in town) and we did have a client who could not say that -

more than once said "poussy fuillet" :lol:

back outside - planting wild strawberries today - -

which means - -

tomorrow - - whining about my back ache

(it's always something)

CarlaB Enthusiast
...even mullets grow out

And you're living proof of that!

It was funny how topless and tassles brought Richard back! How'd he know???

Ahem...speaking of women over 40...I have exactly 43 days left in my thirties....I am NOT mature enough to turn 40 :lol::wacko::ph34r::ph34r:

You could be like my grandmother ... she's been 39 since before I was born. :)

I think we should all ADD five years to our age ... that way people's reactions will be, "WOW! You look so much younger!" rather than subtracting 5 years and having them say, "WOW! I thought you were older than that!"

and I think I'm gonna tie one of those bells on me husband (oops! Sorry, Pirate Day's long over...)
Will he learn to hold it in his mouth so you can't hear him sneaking up on you?

Yum. That should work.

Archived