Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I need help finding a decent gluten-free bread for making sandwiches. I would prefer it not to be one that I have to personally bake, as I am a TERRIBLE cook!!! (I can burn microwave popcorn with the "Popcorn" button!!!) I have tried a few of the rice breads and I think I'd rather eat a sponge. Right now I'm using rice cakes, but I'd like to have something with a little more "bread-like" consistency. Anyone have any suggestions? And if so, where would I find it at?

*AMB*

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Personally, I like enjoy life sandwich bread. I also like the food for life rice breads but I think enjoy life is better.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

My favorite (and I'm very very picky about breads), is either Mock Rye, Country white, or Cinnamon Raisin from www.gfbreadbasket.com.

They have both great taste and great consistency. They are the ONLY gluten-free breads I will eat.

Franceen

Diagnosed DH by Allergist via gluten-free Diet Success

Gluten-free since Dec 2005

Gluten-free works so why keep getting tests?

Neg skin biopsy & Neg bloodwork after gluten-free for 3 months

No Endoscopy - need to eat gluten for good test & won't do it

No other Allergies or major ailments!

For frozen breads, I like EnjoyForLife, Kinnikinnick(sp), and Whole Foods gluten-free BakeShop. Can purchase at WildOats, WholeFoods, or Fruitful Yield (Health store chain). Around here there's a couple of BreadSmith bakeries that make gluten-free bread 1 or 2 times a month.