Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NoGluGirl

Need A Leave-in Detangler!

I have really long, course, thick hair. I need a leave-in detangler that is gluten-free. It also must be okay for color treated hair, because I dye it black. This is very difficult. Also, does anyone know of readily available gluten-free of the following:

Face powder

Concealer

Liquid foundation

And, does anyone know if any of these are gluten-free:

L'oreal Colorvive Shampoos and Conditioner

Tresseme shampoo for colored hair

L'oreal Wondercurl Waterproof mascara

ProActiv or Klear Action Acne complexes

Sally's Beauty Supply Anti-Aging Antioxidant cream

If you can let me know on any of these, your help would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I like ShiKai's leave in conditioner. Good stuff, if pricey. :)

Tiffany aka "Have I Mentioned Chocolate Lately?"

Inconclusive Blood Tests, Positive Dietary Results, No Endoscopy

G.F. - September 2003; C.F. - July 2004

Hiker, Yoga Teacher, Engineer, Painter, Be-er of Me

Bellevue, WA

Proactiv products are gluten free; I contacted them about it, and it's also listed in the FAQ section on their pamphlet.

Neutrogena makes gluten-free face powder (and possibly concealer, too). There are several lists on this site that people have posted; doing a search will bring them up (it's quite a long list).

I personally use all NARS cosmetics; all of their stuff, including skin care, is gluten-free, and I confirmed this from them. It's pricey, but it's great stuff. I get it from Sephora online or in a Sephora store. If you have Lord and Taylors near you, I hear they carry their stuff, too.

*Julie*

Gluten free since December 2004

Soy free since June 2005

Dairy free since July 2006

V05 has a detangle and shine leave in conditioner. i use it all the time and its fairly cheap i think, as for the other stuff can't help u there

Dear Everyone,

I really appreciate your help, here. Some of these brands do not come up around here. Even K-Mart left our town. That is just downright pathetic! LOL! No one likes Evansville! V05 sounds like the best option. Neutragena is widely available, thank goodness!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Jin

Strawberry Allergy, mold allergy, dustmites allergy, ragweed allergy, dust allergy, food dye allergy - 1985

Asthma - 1994

Ovarian Cyst - May 1999

Anemia - 2000

4 More Ovarian Cysts - March 2000

Bloodwork for Celiac - November 2000 negative

Colonoscopy, Endoscopy, Intercolisis, Gastric Emptying Study - May and June 2001 negative biopsy

Fibromyalgia - June 2001

IBS - June 2001

Gallbladder Removal - July 28, 2003 after doctor said the tests showed nothing, so it was not gallbladder disease. It was very inflamed and irritated and nearly ruptured the surgeon told me at my 10 day post-op check-up.

Thyroid Disease - August 2004

Celiac Disease - March 2007 Current Dr. refers to me as Celiac, as she says blood tests are often inaccurate.

Official Purple Glittery Bat Keeper, District Attorney, and Chinese Restaurant Owner of The Silver Dragon of Rachelville