Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

floridanative

Butterscotch Morsels

I have checked most reg. brands and they all list malt (most say barley malt) so is there such a thing as gluten-free butterscotch morsels? Help! I need them for a fudge I'm making Friday. Thanks if anyone knows about this. I did a search and nothing came up.........

Dx'd with anemia - March 2005

Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005

Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006

Gluten free since 1-23-06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This is strange that you posted this today. Last night, I ate half of a chocolate covered peanut thingy that my wife made. I said, 'Are you sure these are okay?' She then remembered that she used butterscotch morsels, as well as chocolate. I couldn't find the package so I called NESTLE. Well, I was on hold forever and my wife finally found the package. I saw the barley malt on it and realized that it was not gluten free. At that point, someone finally picked up the call, so I asked them if it was gluten free. He put me on hold and then came back and said it was gluten free. I then said what about the barley malt? He said, 'you're right, it does have barley malt, so it's not gluten free.' This was kind of troubling. Are companies relying on their customer service reps to determine whether or not something is gluten free? Shouldn't these reps already have a list of what is and what isn't? Who can we trust?!

Boo on them! I'm so bummed that the Nestle's butterscotch has barley malt in it. If anyone has an answer it would be great! I'll see what I can find out! I did a search (Google) but haven't come up with anything yet.

Beverly

Gluten free since 2005

In the midst of winter, I found there was within me an invincible summer.

Albert Careb

36_35_6[1].gif

kroger brand of butterscotch morsels are gluten free

Kassie - I would hug you if I could! I'm going to Krogers tomorrow to look for the morsels and the new gluten-free beer!

Dx'd with anemia - March 2005

Positive blood tests - Sept. 2005

Positive biopsy - Jan. 2006

Gluten free since 1-23-06