Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GeoffCJ

Torture!

So I've been making a real effort to be glutten free for a few weeks now, was gluten "lite" before that for a couple of months. I work, and I'm a full time graduate student, so I'm pretty busy.

Today I had a colonoscopy and endoscopy (looked ok, don't know what the biopsies will show) so yesterday was liquids only. By my 6 pm class I was STARVING!!!! Ugh.

Went to class (1st night of a new quarter). Taking this class at a different "campus" of my school. I was unaware that they bring PIZZA in. So I was stuck sitting in class, starving, with 80-90 people around me eating FREE PIZZA.

I love pizza.

It was torture.

Geoff

Celiac - Gluten Free since Late December 2006

Positive Dietary response, biopsy, Enterolab

Lactose intolerant - dietary response test only

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Yikes! And I was just complaining to my hubby that they ordered pizza for everyone at work for lunch today and I had to sit and eat my chicken and rice . . . and you couldn't eat at all - that IS torture!! :( Hang in there!

Lisa

"The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page" -St. Augustine

Aye, it's torture. But I guess self-control is good for the soul. ;) (Not that that's a huge comfort when you're drooling over delicious pizza, but you know what I mean). Hang in there!

Gluten free since 7/6/06. :)

Enterolab Results positive 8/24/06:

Antigliadin IgA 33 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 16 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Anti-casein (cow’s milk) IgA antibody 21 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 8,5)

Blood test somewhat positive 7/6/06:

Antigliadin IgG (only) 57 (Normal range <20 units)

"Perspective is Reality"

Stupid Pizza...its seems to get so many of us. It is the one thing that will just about bring me to my gluten free knees. I feel your pain, but good for you for resisting it!

Amy

Diagnosed by biopsy with DH August 2005

Diagnosed with hypo-thyroidism December 2005

Diagnosed by biopsy with Celiac July 2006

Pizza is the one thing that gets me, too. At first it was torturous. Now it doesn't bother me so much because it's so ingrained that pizza is evil that I don't even want it anymore. Hopefully it will get easier for you, too.

Gluten-Free since September 15, 2005.

Peanut-Free since July 2006.

If you know ahead of time you can bring yourself some pizza and not feel so out of place.

There are many frozen pizza crusts you can get ... Glutino and Kinnikinnick for sure. Just pile on what you want. It's pretty good if I do say so myself :P

I know that every year when we set up for our big dog show, the club buys pizza for everyone setting up, I bring my own and use the micro in one of the motor homes to heat it up. You feel like you belong, and my fellow club members aren't uncomfortable feeling sorry for me just sitting there. It work great.

Shirley

[save the Earth, It's the only planet with chocolate and wine.

It isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...

It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Gluten free since 1989

West Kootenay.... British Columbia