Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chocolatelover

Enterolab Results Are In...

I just got my results from Enterolab, and all of my suspicions have been confirmed. I think I'm interpreting them correctly, if not, someone please jump in and put me on the right track.

Antigliadin IgA 32 (normal <10)

Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 32 (normal <10)

Fecal Fat Score 366 (normal <300)

Anti-casein IgA 32 (normal <10)

So I clearly am gluten sensitive and casein sensitive.

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

Thus, I have 2 copies of the mains genes that predispose me to gluten sensitivity and celiac sprue (are they different?), which means my parents each have at least one and my children have at least one. Should they all be tested? If so, gene tested or blood or stool tested?

I am in a bit of disbelief...partly because I expected these results, but to actually have them confirmed is huge. No more farting around (so to speak). I know what I have to do!

Dx'd with lymphocytic colitis 1/07

Dx'd by Enterolab 3/07--+IgA, +Ttg, DQ2 and DQ8

Dx'd celiac by Dr. Lewey 4/07--without +blood or biopsy

gluten-free 3/7/07

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just got my results from Enterolab, and all of my suspicions have been confirmed. I think I'm interpreting them correctly, if not, someone please jump in and put me on the right track.I am in a bit of disbelief...partly because I expected these results, but to actually have them confirmed is huge. No more farting around (so to speak). I know what I have to do!

Ya, I spent quite a few days in a daze after Enterolab sent me back my results. Sort of overwhelming at first. I'm glad you are done waiting...so to speak....

I was wondering if you got your results back, I had to really hunt for this post:)

Dental Enamel Defects

Gastro symptoms

Positive Dietary Response

Enterolab Antigliadin IgA positive 12/06

Transglutaminase IgA Positive

Blood TG IgA Negative 2/07

HLA-DQ 3,1 (Subtype 7,5)

Gluten Intolerant...Likely non Celiac

Western Oregon (Or-ee-gun) US

Why Worry?...YOU are a sentient being on a habitable world in a cosmos largely filled with nothing.

You

Yeah, they just came in late yesterday morning. Never been so anxious to get an email--you would have thought they were telling me I just won the lottery!

Dx'd with lymphocytic colitis 1/07

Dx'd by Enterolab 3/07--+IgA, +Ttg, DQ2 and DQ8

Dx'd celiac by Dr. Lewey 4/07--without +blood or biopsy

gluten-free 3/7/07