Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jessy ana

Eating In Victoria, B.c.

*To those in Victoria, B.C.:

Hi, I'm doing a writing assignment at uvic about the availability of gluten-free food. Please comment on the best discoveries and disappointments of products (cookies, crackers, bread, etc.). Clearly include the name of the store where they are found. Also, please comment on the frustration of maintaining a gluten-free diet and the satisfaction of having access to gluten-free products.

Please email me before Thurs. March 22.

Thank You.

jessyana@uvic.ca

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Milestones. i think thats the name. its a wonderful place they are so helpful and everyone knew what gluten was and made sure that it didnt get CC. we ended up eating there like 5 times while we were in Victoria!

Milestones. i think thats the name. its a wonderful place they are so helpful and everyone knew what gluten was and made sure that it didnt get CC. we ended up eating there like 5 times while we were in Victoria!

Milestone's is part of the Cara brand of restaurants. Others are Swiss Chalet, Kelsey's, Montantas and Harvey's. Swiss Chalet is good about gluten free too...they have a pamphlet that outlines all of their foods and ingredients for "allergic" customers. Let your server know and they'll further insure that the cooks/preps are careful not to cross-contaminate. I wonder if all of the related restaurants treat celiac customers with the same care?

Michelle