Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

laurelfla

Delta To Provide gluten-free Meals

so i was trying to book a flight to Spain today for May and needed to fly Delta but wasn't about to not have a gluten-free meal with such a long itinerary (i eat like every hour on the hour so i knew i'd starve if i just snacked!). so i called up Delta to find out if they served one, because it wasn't listed on their website, and after many, many minutes of cell phone time i talked to a lovely representative named Anita who said that, as of April 1, Delta will provide gluten free meals on flights where complimentary meals are served. isn't that great?! so if you book a flight with them before April 1, the code (GFML) won't be in their system to request the meal, but you can wait until later and then call and request it. Just remember to do it at least 12-24 hours before your flight. hope this info helps!

diagnosed 8/05 through positive bloodwork & biopsy

gluten-free since then!

"Those who are willing to be vulnerable move among mysteries." Theodore Roethke

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Just be careful with their gluten free meal. Others here have had horrible experiences with "gluten free" airline food. I'm not saying that your experience will be bad, just make sure you read labels on the prepackaged stuff and remind the stewardesses not to throw a roll on top of your meal before they serve.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    freedom.dtt
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts