Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SUZ42

Just Back From The Doctor!

Hi.

I just came back from a doctor appt. I can't believe how much they really don't know. It's kind of scary. Anyway, he starts in with the labs (last appt was 4 mo ago) and do I take a vitamin. He prescribed Iron 2X/day. Have I had any scopes done? Yes, last Jan an upper GI and in May a colonoscopy. Well, how much wt did you lose? 40 lbs in 3 months. As of last March. I've gained back a few. This is when I told him about my EnteroLab results. He made a copy for my file. He said do you have diarrhea? No, I'm constipated, my whole life. Well, you know diarrhea is the main thing with celiac. There was a lot I wanted to enterject here, but held my tongue. He said I am about the 3rd person in 15 years he's seen with celiac. Makes me wonder. Anyway, he said since the stool results were positive and since I have the celiac gene, I have celiac. And he wrote it in my chart as celiac sprue. I live in a small town, so docs aren't as cutting edge as elsewhere, but geeze... I go back in 3 months. Sometimes I wonder why I bother.

On a positive note.

I went gluten-free on 3/18 and I already feel a difference. Not bloating after I eat, less gassy. More energy. A general sence of well-being. Can't wait to see how I feel after several months.

Thanks for listening,

Suz

Suzanne

2/07

EnteroLab

Antigliadin IgA [pos.]

Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA [pos.]

Anti-Casein IgA antibody [pos.] {how very sad}

HLA-DQ3 (subtype 8)

HLA-DQ3 (subtype 7)

Gluten free 3/18/07

Casein (very light) 3/18/07

constipation/dysmotility since birth

severe headaches 11/83

hypothyroidism 4/00

B-12 defficiency 10/04

"GERD" 1/06 "Gastritis" 3/06

"IBS" (forever) 3/06

depression w/ pain 4/06

iron defficiency anemia (off and on forever) 12/06

celiac disease 3/07

plus.....

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Do what I do. I take in print outs to eduacate my GP. Only print the improtant facts as they can get too much info and not read it. Since my GP diagnosed me with celiac disease, he has now diagnosed more then 60 patients with the disease. He is still testing many that come in. He now knows that not all Celiacs' become the classic Celiac plus many other relavent facts. Good Luck and at least you now have a diagnosis and can get on with the rest of your life - gluten free, of course - he, he.

"Throw yourself a pity-party and you'll be the only guest." - Earlene Fowler

Diag. Celiac Disease by positive blood test 2/03/2004

Allergies - corn, soy, casein, egg whites and wheat

Morphia Scleroderma

Osteoarthritis

Hypothyroid and Hperthyroid

Essential Tremors

Asthma

Migraines

Fibromyalgia - diag. in 1978 when they called it Fibrositis

PAD Peripheral Artery Disease

Angina and Atrial Fibrillation

Gluten Ataxia

Vitiligo

Scoliosis of the spine (caused by malabsorption and it is horribly painful) This would be enough reason for someone to go gluten free.

Ocular Myastenia Gravis

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    PSHadle
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A21):