Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cam's Mom

Whole Foods 365 Brand

Hi!

I am trying to come to terms with the fact that it seems my daughter is still getting routinely glutened in spite of our best efforts and research. We have made a list of every product that touches her or she consumes and verified the status of each. The ones that stand out predominently in her diet at the 365 Brand items. Many of them say; "good manufacturing practices used to segregate ingredients in a facility that also produces wheat . . ."

Some of the many items in question are these:

Spices

Vanilla

peanut butter

fruit spread

canned beans (black, kidney, refried)

frozen veggies

frozen fruit

Dairy products (cheeses mostly)

My daughter does not show any outward signs of having been glutened and her diet is ultra strict (eats nothing but what is prepared by us and we're 100% gluten-free at home). But her tTg remains high (86) after 1 year on the diet. So, the doc. is convinced something we are doing is contaminating her. Anyone have thoughts on Whole Foods house brand items?

Thanks for your help!

Barb

Daughter, Camryn diagnosed with diabetes 3/06

diagnosed with celiac (blood test and biosy confirmed) 5/06

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi,

I'm giving you the link to a topic I started last year. Several of us had problems with the 365 Brand.

If you read to the end, I say in that thread that I don't know if 100 parts per million is sufficient. I know now that it's way too high. I'm not sure if this has changed, but you might want to take a look--

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...0foods&st=0

Also, if you do a search in the "Products" forum, there are other threads that discuss the Whole Foods brands.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev