This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Gf And Yeast Free

Guest Laurie anne

Guest Laurie anne

Hi, I just got my womans world and it talked about Yeast allergies and candadia problems, I love wine and i notice a reaction to it, i gave up beer, but I'm

still having bad reactions to alot of things I still have a rash and the heart pounding,

My doctor said my rash was self stress induced!!!!!! loved that one, he wouldn't test my because i don't have insurance and it would cost to much , he wants to put me back on antidepressants, he said diet and what i ate had nothing to do with irritibility and anxiounous, sorry having trouble spelling. so now I'm trying to go gluten-free and yeast free. any suggestions.laurie anne

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Guest aramgard

All my life, they told me the rash was self induced stress. Then at age 67 I was finally diagnosed with Celiac. Just tune them out, you know your body better that the doctor. As far as the wine goes, I developed an allergy to sulfites about 30 years ago and could no longer drink wine. This could be the problem. If you have Celiac, you will develop many-many allergies which can cause the rashes (or the Celiac) and which can cause asthma and other reactions to many different substances, both food and contact substances. Just educate yourself, and weed out what applies to you and your body. Shirley

wclemens Newbie

Laurie anne, I have yeast allergies also, in addition to gluten sensitivity. I also have milk, dairy, and egg white allergies. If I ingest any of the previously listed foods, I have asthma within 15 minutes or so. I agree with Shirley, that you must be on guard about other food allergies, as well as gluten sensitivity. Sulfites, casein, whey--they all are poison for my system. What symptoms do you have when you eat what your body rejects? In time you will become more sensitive to the foods you can and cannot tolerate. Best wishes on your progress. Welda

Guest Laurie anne

hi, I wanted to respond to both of your replys, I did notice today when I drank a pepsi my heart started to pound, i still have the rash even though i have really been watching my diet, I haven't had any wine for 3 days and drink just water,

The rash is really starting to get to me. I still have the very bloated stomach too which I thought would start going away by now. I was just at the store and boy I came home so depressed I still have to fix food for my family and it's getting tough to make 2 meals. thanks for listening laurie anne

Nin Newbie

You didn't say if your pepsi was diet free or regular. A lot of people are sensitive to sugar substitutes.

Archived