Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Newbiestudent

Crazzzy Bloating.....uhhh

Ok, so this morning I decided to make a doctors appointment for about two months away for a celiac panel and also get some test run to see if I have any other food allergies. Until then I am going to keep a very elaborate food journal on everything I eat or drink, how I feel, etc...all that info he will ask for. So when I woke up this morning I took a piece of painters tape and measured around my lower abdomen where my bloating is the worst. I just now took the same piece of tape to see how bloated I really am and there is at least two inches between the ends of the tape, and I don't even feel that bloated tonight....oh my gosh I can only imagine how expanded my belly gets on the really bad days, I bet I look four months pregnant :o . Anyways, I thought it was insane and wanted to vent for a bit.... :lol: I can not wait until the day I get things all figured out and can just feel normal after I eat..uhhh. Well back to studying...

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

Hang in there!!! Once/if you go Gluten free it will get better!!! I have been gluten-free for about a week and I notice a huge difference in the bloating department!!! My pants weren't tight at teh end of eth day!!!!GREAT!!!

Here is definetly teh place to vent!!!!! :D

I'm 5 weeks gluten-free and the bloating got worse for awhile then better, now kind of off and on. We need patience with this healing process!

4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels

I've been gluten-free and casein-free for almost 6 months now and the bloating has gotten *a little* better...but I still get crazzzzy bloated too :( Isn't it terrible when ya start to look pregnant at the end of the night? LoL....i dont really know what to do either. But I hope you feel better soon!

I have spent my life bloated - but now am rarely bloated.

I would try a few things.

1. no gluten (obviously)

2. no dairy (second most important)

3. reduce sugar

I think the sugar thing ended up being the biggest reducer of my bloat, I'm assuming since I was feeding bacteria in the gut or something - yeast or something. The least bloated I have ever felt was doing a yeast-killing diet of no sugar, very few carbs, no fruit, etc. It was exhausting, but I had the flattest stomach in the universe.

Also, chew the food. I don't know about you guys, but I scarf my food and forget to chew -- this is terrible. I'm working on it.

Good luck

p.s. I've been a year gluten free and it is all so much better. now when I get bloated it is from too much sugar or too much raw garlic or something else that I know messes me up. Yahoo.