Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoveBeingATwin

How Long After Eating Food....

I think on Saturday, well actually I know, I had tried a piece of cheese cake, gluten free(very small, like 3 bites) and I think I am experiencing the effect. I have had D the last two days and my stomach is killing me. Does it take that long or is it something else that I am experiencing? I always thought, and sometimes it happens to me, that if my body doesn't like what I give it or if it gets glutened, It usually happens shortly after I eat. So I am not sure what is hurting my stomach now. That cheese cake was not worth it! :unsure: I hadn't been eating dairy for that reason but....Just thought I would see, ya right. Well thanks for listening.

~KIMBERLY~

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I think on Saturday, well actually I know, I had tried a piece of cheese cake, gluten free(very small, like 3 bites) and I think I am experiencing the effect. I have had D the last two days and my stomach is killing me. Does it take that long or is it something else that I am experiencing? I always thought, and sometimes it happens to me, that if my body doesn't like what I give it or if it gets glutened, It usually happens shortly after I eat. So I am not sure what is hurting my stomach now. That cheese cake was not worth it! :unsure: I hadn't been eating dairy for that reason but....Just thought I would see, ya right. Well thanks for listening.

For me the d lasts 3-5 days and my stomach will rumble instantly if I get glutened or eat something that I can't tolerate well. I've eliminated dairy all together since that seems to be such a problem for me.

Hope you feel better soon!

Diary free 11/06-6/08

Now using a small amount of low-lactose dairy such as aged cheeses and yogurt. Yum!

Gluten-free since 4/07

"When you row another person across the river, you get there yourself."

- Fortune Cookie

My symptoms from a glutening don't show up until the next day, and they last (and change) over 2 weeks. The D usually starts around day 3 and lasts a couple of days, along with lots of other symptoms. Dairy on the other hand gives me D fairly instantly (within an hour) - not ice cream but a glass of milk or cheesecake would do it.