Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lob6796

5 Days To Gluten Free

Guest maybe I have celiac
In 5 days I go for my biopsy. My blood tests already showed positive for celiac so as soon as I have the biopsy I am going gluten free (not waiting on results). I do NOT plan on ever cheating, so I would like to get in all my fav's before the 5 days are up. If you had 5 days to eat anything, what would you eat? What is just NOT the same once you go gluten free? Looking for fun ideas :) I'm gonna be so sick to my stomach, but I don't care, lol - I'll make up for it by never cheating on the gluten free, hehe. So fire away! What's teh one thing you miss the most? You can live vicariously through me!

I'm thinking of too many things: Glory Day's GrandSlam Sized Beer, Pizza Hut, Dominos, Papa Johns, Pizza, Pasta, Bread, Subway subs

First of all, good luck to you and I hope all goes well.

1. Please find the best tasting beer you can and PLEASE, slug it down! Any brand will do: Fosters,

Killians, Corona, Sam Adams, Blue Moon, Land Shark, etc.

2. Auntie Ann's Pretzel's, Pappa John's Pizza, Krispy Kreme Donuts, Pillsbury Orange / Cinnamon

Rolls with icing.

3. A good bread bowl with soup! Yikes

I think I've touched on the thinks that I've missed most since going gluten-free effective 2/07. Stay strong, you can do it.

Can't help you on the Dunkin Donuts but suffer no more for lack of pasta -- get some Tinkyada pasta by mail order or at Whole Foods, Wild Oats or whatever you may have near you. It's gluten free and the taste and texture are the same. It's fooled my non-Celiac friends. http://www.tinkyada.com/

That's the easiest itch to scratch!

Tinkyada is awesome!

its not mushy or gritty like some pastas.

Both Giant Food stores near me sell it in their "international aisle" so check there too

Guest maybe I have celiac
First of all, good luck to you and I hope all goes well.

1. Please find the best tasting beer you can and PLEASE, slug it down! Any brand will do: Fosters,

Killians, Corona, Sam Adams, Blue Moon, Land Shark, etc.

2. Auntie Ann's Pretzel's, Pappa John's Pizza, Krispy Kreme Donuts, Pillsbury Orange / Cinnamon

Rolls with icing.

3. A good bread bowl with soup! Yikes

I think I've touched on the thinks that I've missed most since going gluten-free effective 2/07. Stay strong, you can do it.

DONUTS!!! mmmmmmmm!!! Hostess Orange Cup Cakes mmmmmm!!!