Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ptkds

Dd Had Scope Done This Morning

My 14 month old dd had her scope and biopsy done this morning. They had to poke her 4 freakin' times to get the IV in. I was fine until the 3rd try, then I just started crying along with her.

Anyway, the dr saw ulcers in her stomach. We even got pics :unsure: .He said her intestines look somewhat ok, but he is pretty sure she has Celiac disease. He told me to put her on a gluten-free diet right now. So we should know something for sure from the biopsy in about 2 wks. My MIL is still saying it might not be Celiac disease, but I think it is just wishful thinking and she needs to accept reality! :P

On a sidenote, we stayed at the Ronald McDonald house last night since the hospital is nearly 2 hrs away from our home. Let me tell you, it was wonderful. They were the sweetest ppl, the place was wonderful, and they had TONS of food, though not 1 thing was gluten-free. So if you ever need to stay in one, don't hesitate. If you can afford to, donate to them. What they offer is fabulous. They had a bulletin board covered in pics of preemie and sick babies whose parents stayed there. It was very touching. And we saw 1 little girl who had a feeding tube in her nose. I don't know what was wrong w/ her, but I do know that it was a blessing for her and her family for them to stay so close to the hospital. Just my 2 cents!!

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My 14 month old dd had her scope and biopsy done this morning. They had to poke her 4 freakin' times to get the IV in. I was fine until the 3rd try, then I just started crying along with her.

Anyway, the dr saw ulcers in her stomach. We even got pics :unsure: .He said her intestines look somewhat ok, but he is pretty sure she has Celiac disease. He told me to put her on a gluten-free diet right now. So we should know something for sure from the biopsy in about 2 wks. My MIL is still saying it might not be Celiac disease, but I think it is just wishful thinking and she needs to accept reality! :P

On a sidenote, we stayed at the Ronald McDonald house last night since the hospital is nearly 2 hrs away from our home. Let me tell you, it was wonderful. They were the sweetest ppl, the place was wonderful, and they had TONS of food, though not 1 thing was gluten-free. So if you ever need to stay in one, don't hesitate. If you can afford to, donate to them. What they offer is fabulous. They had a bulletin board covered in pics of preemie and sick babies whose parents stayed there. It was very touching. And we saw 1 little girl who had a feeding tube in her nose. I don't know what was wrong w/ her, but I do know that it was a blessing for her and her family for them to stay so close to the hospital. Just my 2 cents!!

ptkds

I am so glad that it is over for you. It is so strange for me to know that a 14 month old can have ulsers. But, an so glad that you have some answers.

I have a friend who is in Washington DC, who heads up the McD's Houses and has been a help to another family here at Celiac.com. It's good work and they are dedicated. It is hard sometimes to imagine what is behind closed doors sometime.

They are a wonderful group for support.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien