Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

megdog1992ms

Looking Like This Is It

Greetings,

I am a new guy here. It seems that all the symptoms are stacking up to be celiac disease. I was browsing a forum (don't know which one) the topic of MS was noticed. Am I to understand that it may be possible to mis-diagnose celiac disease as MS? I have the brain spots and other symptoms, the definative test is the spinal fluid test for MS, Can celiac disease "throw a false positive" on the oligaclonal banding in the spinal fluid?

Within the last 2 months a nasty bout of roaming joint pain sent me to the doc, not -RA, with a random conversation a friend said look at Ceilac's Looking back, the GI tract symptoms are there and at the time of the joint disaster I was taking a Cake decorating class and was having 2-3 cakes a week. I could not gain a pound if my life depended upon it.

Any feedback?

Respectfully,

Mark

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You might find this article informative

http://www.direct-ms.org/bestbet.html

And from another board:

"Dr. Fasano lists M.S. as an autoimmune disease affected by gluten/too much zonulin/leaky gut. Here's a good article: http://www.msrc.co.uk/index.cfm?fuse...how&pageid=984 "

I have read many articles on MS & celiac diet, I think it is now being looked at by a lot of people with MS. You might also try googling it to find other discussions.

my personal opinion is that MS is nothing more than a form of celiac disease that could benefit from a gluten free diet & I think also the elimination of a few other foods like dairy & legumes...

But then again I believe that the human body is perfect but that we just feed it a combination of the wrong foods which causes disease (unless there is a physical defect in addition to...) If you read some of the books out there like Dangerous Grains, Dr Peter Green's "Celiac Disease, A Hidden epidemic" you will get introduced to the evolution of the human species and the changes they have made in their diet. & see that when wheat was introduced to the diet we also began to die younger & have more disease...

You certainly could have celiac not MS. For years I faced an MS diagnosis when it was really celiac. I too, had the brain spots. I'm gluten-free for about three months now and feeling fantastic. I was very happy to have celiac and not MS. If you've been eating gluten you can have a simple blood test to find out.

Best wishes to you!

Greetings,

I am a new guy here. It seems that all the symptoms are stacking up to be celiac disease. I was browsing a forum (don't know which one) the topic of MS was noticed. Am I to understand that it may be possible to mis-diagnose celiac disease as MS? I have the brain spots and other symptoms, the definative test is the spinal fluid test for MS, Can celiac disease "throw a false positive" on the oligaclonal banding in the spinal fluid?

Within the last 2 months a nasty bout of roaming joint pain sent me to the doc, not -RA, with a random conversation a friend said look at Ceilac's Looking back, the GI tract symptoms are there and at the time of the joint disaster I was taking a Cake decorating class and was having 2-3 cakes a week. I could not gain a pound if my life depended upon it.

Any feedback?

Respectfully,

Mark

Hey Mark,

Sorry to hear u too maybe have this awful disease, but I'm sure it better then the MS.

My brother-in-law was DXD about 10+ years ago with MS but now his brother (my hubby) is having symptoms of celiac disease (we have a Celiac Spru son age 17) and I too have celiac disease so myabe bro-in-law too?

Not sure but we r going for gene test in September, maybe a suggestion for u too !

U said u ate 2-3 cakes a week? Maybe that was ur problem all along.....son got brain fogs from goodies for years just now found the culprete 15 years later.

Well best of luck to u finding the source and welcome :)

Belinda

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana