Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Chewing Gum

i am not sure if anyone read about my tounge tingling and i think i figured it out. I had been chewing gum with soy in it. I had read that some food allergies cause tounge tingling. So do you think this is what caused this. Cause my tounge was still a little tingling yesterday when i was chewing it, and now today it feels like my old tounge almost 90 percent. Does this happen to anyone else that has a problem with soy.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

i am not sure if anyone read about my tounge tingling and i think i figured it out. I had been chewing gum with soy in it. I had read that some food allergies cause tounge tingling. So do you think this is what caused this. Cause my tounge was still a little tingling yesterday when i was chewing it, and now today it feels like my old tounge almost 90 percent. Does this happen to anyone else that has a problem with soy.

paula

Oh that could definitely be it!! I can't even chew a regular piece of gum, without getting a rash. I do not recall my tongue tingling, but it may have...and maybe the rash was worse, so I didn't realize I had a problem with my tongue. The only gum I've found to be soy free is, Glee Gum, but the peppermint DOES have soy lecithin....tangerine and cinnamon do not.

http://www.gleegum.com/glee-gum.htm

I hope your tongue stays happy!!

Katie

Gluten free since July 2005

Lactose Free since 1994

Soy free since May 2007

Dairy free since September 2007

Hypothyroid & Hashimoto

paula

I get strange things going on in my mouth when I am reacting to something (not limited to soy), sores and bumps, color and temperature changes, etc., so I think the tongue tingling is a possible reaction symptom.

thanks for your responses, im really thinking htat had to be it, cause today my tounge is completely back to normal. I will look into that glee gum. I love my gum and it is so hard when i cant have any lol.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet