Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i_miss_cookie*dough

Ideas On Coping With Nausea?

heyas!

was diagnosed with celiac 3 weeks ago.

so i have been off the "G" ever since.

two of my main symptoms have been

been nausea and fatigue

and neither have lessened AT ALL.

i know i need to give it time.

and honestly, its hard to imagine

feeling anything BUT tired and nauseaus!

so that potential is VERY exciting : )

but in the meantime,

any remedies anyone has

found out there for dealing with nausea?

thanks!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest keegans_mommy

You could try Milk Thistle supplements. It helps to clean the liver (your body's filter) and helps with nausea when detoxing the body.

You could also hit the health food store for supplements, ginger containing ones in fact.

I had nausea for over two years, due to h pylori but probably also celiac as it is much better now after 6 mo gluten-free.

The best help for me was DGL, a form of licorice. In a powder, it is very cheap from Beyond a Century. I also got it in tablet form at my local health food store.

My doctor told me it was very soothing and healing for the stomach.

4/2007 Positive IGA, TTG Enterolab results, with severe malabsorption: Two DQ2 celiac genes--highest possible risk.

gluten-free since 4/22/07; SF since 7/07; 3/08 & 7/08 high sugar levels in stool (i.e. cannot break down carbs) digestive enzymes for carbs didn't help; 7/18/08 started SCD as prescribed by my physician (MD).

10/2000 dx LYME disease; 2008 clinical dx CELIAC; Other: hypothyroid, allergies, dupuytrens, high mercury levels

Oddly enough, I used to get the nausea along with diarrhea, and when I took Imodium it helped the nausea. I think a lot of my nausea was caused by intestinal cramping. When that didnt work, my doctor gave me a drug called promethazine, and anti-nausea medication. It makes you very sleepy though, so you'd have to decide how bad you want to feel better.

For home remedies, ginger is good, and also mint. Try drinking mint tea and ginger tea with honey in it. For the ginger tea, just boil water with a slice of ginger in it and add honey. Cheaper than buying the expensive health food tea. Make sure it's raw honey too, it'll help more. All those fluids will help you flush the gluten too. No coffee!!! It's too acidic.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill