Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elsie

Tapioca Starch - Where To Buy

:angry: I have been unable to locate any tapioca starch. Is this available in grocery stores and if so where would it be located? I have checked my local groceries - in the gluten free sections and other baking ingredients sections but have had no luck. Unfortunately I don't have any Whole Foods store conveniently located to me.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Where I live in NY State, we have Wegmans and Sauders where you can get tapico starch. We also have a GNC General nutrition Center, not sure what they have as I don't shop there and also a MOther Nature's store, same there, I dont shop there to know what they have. Good luck. Not sure if you can substitute something else for that or not. Sorry :unsure:

Lisa

Mom of four boys

Nana to three granddaughters

Diagnosed with Celiac January 2006 after positive biopsy and follow up with positive blood tests

Diagnosed Chronic Fatigue Syndrome March 2006 after ruling out so many other things

Vitamin B12 deficiency October 2006

Oldest son diagnosed Celiac June 2006 also diagnosed type one diabetic November 2002

Join eNewsletter

At my grocery store, Cub Foods, the tapioca starch is in little packages in the Asian food section for .69/bag. They have the exact same bags at my natural food co-op for $3 something! :o An Asian store recently opened, but I haven't been there.

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter