Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendano

Strange Looking Poop

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

ds has the same thing in his diaper a few times a week. Before bed he used the potty ( :D:D:D )and it was green with white swirls. I almost looked like a candy cane! (sorry kinda gross!) I would be interested to hear if anyone has ideas.

Melissa

Diagnosed Fibromyalgia March 2007

Mom to Katharine, 5 years old diagnosed Celiac Disease Sept 2006

Peanut allergy

Michael 3 years old diagnosed infant reflux at 6 weeks

Dairy Soy allergy until 22 months

Neg blood tests and biopsy Feb 2008

Positive gluten-free dietary response

You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.

Margaret Thatcher

Fall down seven times stand up eight.

"I've decided that after air, water, and dirt, the next most common substance on the planet must be gluten!"

Toni Nolte, Overland Park, Kansas

Join eNewsletter

I can count the number of solid poops my son has had on one hand, but every solid has been accompanied by liquid. However, most of the time he has varying degrees of non-solid poops, from diarrhea to more pasty looking, and sometimes it looks like oatmeal. He eats gluten-free but his brother and sister don't so I think there may be some cross contamination. Any thoughts?

Join eNewsletter

I can count the number of solid poops my son has had on one hand, but every solid has been accompanied by liquid. However, most of the time he has varying degrees of non-solid poops, from diarrhea to more pasty looking, and sometimes it looks like oatmeal. He eats gluten-free but his brother and sister don't so I think there may be some cross contamination. Any thoughts?

when my DDs went gluten-free their stools got WAY worse. until taking out rice and potatoes. they just cant digest either of those starches without major gastro symptoms. maybe because of the gut damage from G?? either way. if your DS is still experiencing symptoms even after being gluten-free for awhile i would keep playing w the diet and see if that helps. it is frustratingly hard to live gluten-free when you cant have rice, potatoes, or corn...but i keep hoping that in time their guts will heal enough. hth...take care :)

Join eNewsletter

thanks to all who have replied. I got very excited that Julia had a normal-looking BM yesterday! Today she had a blowout! I was wondering about the rice and corn since she tested borderline to these two on the skin test. If the diarrhea isn't resolving over the next two weeks rice and corn will be the next to go. It is so hard to feed a two year old with all of these restrictions especially since she can't have her favorite dairy. It is good to know I'm not the only one analyzing poopy. Laura

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter