Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blondebombshell

Need Help With How I Am Feeling...

went to the GI doc yesterday and he has me scheduled for an endoscopy for 3 weeks from now. he told me to get back on gluten to see if when they do the endo if they will be able to tell what my stomach/intestine look like.

as a result of adding this back into my diet i have ITCHY hives everywhere on my calves. could this be DH?

i have never had these itchy bumps. just constipation which caused me to go off gluten, thinking that after having a blood test indicating that i was gluten intolerant that maybe that was it. now that i am putting it back into my diet after being off of gluten for 1 month, i cant handle this!

do you think its celiac? do you think it could be something else?

thanks so much

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

went to the GI doc yesterday and he has me scheduled for an endoscopy for 3 weeks from now. he told me to get back on gluten to see if when they do the endo if they will be able to tell what my stomach/intestine look like.

as a result of adding this back into my diet i have ITCHY hives everywhere on my calves. could this be DH?

i have never had these itchy bumps. just constipation which caused me to go off gluten, thinking that after having a blood test indicating that i was gluten intolerant that maybe that was it. now that i am putting it back into my diet after being off of gluten for 1 month, i cant handle this!

do you think its celiac? do you think it could be something else?

thanks so much

You are showing a positive reaction to the challenge. That is diagnostic for more intelligent doctors. Your body liked being gluten-free and now it is showing you how much it liked it. Many of us have C for years as the body tries desperately to draw nutrients into our system through an intestine that is not functioning normally. Eventually your intestines will be damaged enough for episodic D and then a life sitting on the toilet. Whether you continue with the challenge is up to you. I still feel it is barbaric for doctors to demand that we make ourselves extremely ill just to 'prove' we have a problem with something that has progressed far enough to cause permanent (at times) damage. If they can use a gluten suppository and biopsy of cheek or rectum in other countries I don't know why they can't do that here, oh wait, yes I do. An endo requires an invasive procedure in a facility with lots of cash going into their pockets, a noninvasive biopsy can be done in office with a local and only regular staff with no OR.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Join eNewsletter

I had an itchy rash/hives thing on my upper leg and my ankles when I was at my sickest. It certainly does sound like celiac disease to me. I can't imagine having to go back to eating gluten again. Thankfully I had all of my tests done before going gluten free and feeling better. Good luck!

Join eNewsletter

wow - i told him that i had itchy hives after eating some bread once and he didn't say anything. he said that since this is 'sudden,' like i have never had issues with the hives or not that it could be allergies.

my whole life i had issues with going to the bathroom. i only go about once a week if i am lucky. that is why i went to the doctor in the first place (the regular doc) and he did some blood work. this indicated that i had a gluten and egg white allergy. that was it. he said, well try a gluten free diet, lol.

i took it a step further and made an appt with a GI doc and now i have these bumps from time to time and i am assuming that they have to do with the gluten.

he told me that a gluten free diet is hard to stick with and it is expensive. whatever i guess, right!

- gluten free since August 2007

- endoscopy came back negative for celiac in December 2007

- bloodwork confirms egg allergy

- allergy testing confirms only banana, apple, melon, egg and environmental allergies

i get hives anywhere on my waist down and less bloating/constipation when i do not eat wheat.

Join eNewsletter

The diet ends up being a lot cheaper than all the prescription meds you have to take to control all the symptoms.

"But then, in all honesty, if scientists don't play god, who will?"

- James Watson

My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

- Ashleigh Brilliant

Leap, and the net will appear.

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter