Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HAK1031

Cast Party Success!

Last night was closing night for Pride and Prejudice (such a great show...) and we had our cast party. I made gluten-free chocolate chip cookies, and figured, like most parties, I'd be able to eat one or two things. But, I was suprised to see that I could eat more than I couldn't!! There were chips, fruit, vegetables, soda, and of course, my cookies (which, I might add, were a big hit...they were eaten before the gluteny ones were even touched! I just substituted a gluten-free flour blend in the toll house recipe..no xanthan gum or anything). The only gluteny things were a few other peoples' cookies and snack mix. Plus, it was a great party with great people! Now that the show's over, I can hopefully get more than a few hours of sleep a night so I can finish healing.

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):