Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rpm999

Products Better Than Gluten Ones?

one i'd definately say is van's waffles, i see a few people don't like them much but they're better than eggo's to me...gluten-free pantry brownies are better than any box brownies i had before too i'd say, better taste all around

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Gluten Free Pantry Brownies rock!

Most of the Grainless Baker pastries were just as good as the gluten filled ones.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Pamela's Chocolate Cake Mix and Brownie Mix imo taste better than any cake/brownies that are gluten filled.

Namaste Spice Mix makes an amazing spice cake (or carrot cake variation), full of flavor and so moist, better than the real thing.

Glutino pretzels...there's something about them that's SO yummy...even wheat eaters say that they're better than the usual

I second the Van's- they are fluffy and light where eggos are hard as a rock and tasteless.

A lot of the cookies are really good too...maybe it's just because I appreciate them more, but I swear that K-toos are better than oreos

Gluten Free since 10/07

Mildly Lactose Intolerant, slight intestinal symptoms after eating milk products, but easily corrected with lactase enzyme

Endometriosis- DX'd 5/07

Gluten Antibodies- "negative"...don't know exact numbers, am highly suspicious...

DXed celiac 12-19-07 via genetics/elimination diet- DQ2 allele

Brother with Celiac, aspergers...his tests were all negative (he didn't have genetics done), including endoscopy, but he definitely is at the least gluten intolerant...highly suspect my mother has it as well- she has hyperthyroid, fibromyalgia, hemochromatosis, and now colon cancer, and she has been weak and exhausted and just generally sick. She's going to get tested.

Gluten Free Pantry Pancake Mix :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Trader Joe's Brownie Mix (and throw some chocolate chips in, too)! YUM!

Toni

Gluten Free - February 16, 2008

Diagnosed with positive bloodwork and biopsy.

No digestive symptoms for the past 25 years, but did have severe anemia, osteoporosis, lactose intolerance and RLS at time of diagnosis.

Pamela's Chocolate Cake Mix and Brownie Mix imo taste better than any cake/brownies that are gluten filled.

Namaste Spice Mix makes an amazing spice cake (or carrot cake variation), full of flavor and so moist, better than the real thing.

Yeah, Julie and I have a thing for Pamela's Chocolate Cake Mix and Brownies. On my list for tomorrow.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

Yeah, Julie and I have a thing for Pamela's Chocolate Cake Mix and Brownies. On my list for tomorrow.

Lucky you! Eat a slice/square for me :D (We are good at spreading the word about Pamela's :lol:)

Also Pamela's Pancake Mix makes pretty darn good pancakes, light airy, fluffy. Who needs gluten?!?!

i know right, i remember when i first heard of everything celiac related it seemed so overwhelming but it's really nothing hard in any way...years and years ago it must have been hard, but they've progressed a lot with food and i don't think there's anything i've seen that DOESN'T have a perfect substitute....everywhere i look, i'm finding out more and more people have it, so the more it's known, the better it'll get with restaurants and labeling and all

i know right, i remember when i first heard of everything celiac related it seemed so overwhelming but it's really nothing hard in any way...years and years ago it must have been hard, but they've progressed a lot with food and i don't think there's anything i've seen that DOESN'T have a perfect substitute....everywhere i look, i'm finding out more and more people have it, so the more it's known, the better it'll get with restaurants and labeling and all

I still find the prices of gluten-free mixes to be too high and are hard to afford the luxury items such as brownie and cookie mixes so I still make my own gluten-free from scratch. Maybe someday the prices will come down or at least coupons will become as available as the mainstream products

Self dx celiac disease

Gluten free since July 2007

Clinical dx celiac disease November 2007

Self-dx Lyme disease May 2008

Lyme confirmed positive Western Blot May 2008

yeah they definately will if it becomes bigger and bigger, especially with stores like wal-mart and target carrying more and more things...but i can see how it'd be annoying for somebody who doesn't love to cook :lol:

:)

I still find the prices of gluten-free mixes to be too high and are hard to afford the luxury items such as brownie and cookie mixes so I still make my own gluten-free from scratch. Maybe someday the prices will come down or at least coupons will become as available as the mainstream products

The best baking cookbook out there...Rebecca Reiley...I hope I spelled that right. Her recipes rival that of anything that is out there. Breads rise...and taste fabulous. She has cookie, cake and pie crust recipes. I can't praise her enough.

I'll add my vote to the Gluten Free Pantry brownie mixes. They are soooo good! Too good. <_<

Actually, I agree about the Van's Waffles too.

-Sarah

--Son, Lucas, age 7. Gluten-free since May 2007

--Son, Ezra, age 5. Gluten-free 10/13/07. Bipolar tendencies, massively improved on gluten-free diet! He's also allergic to a jillion antibiotics.

--My mother has Celiac Disease, dx'ed by Positive Blood Tests and Biopsy. Diagnosed Sarcoidosis 6/08.

--Myself, Gluten-free since 8/07

Time heals all hurt of heart... but time must be won.

Vans are great. I have two every morning toasted with melted peanut butter and orange marmalade. I am so addicted.

Lisa

I'd say Van's waffles are as good as Eggo's. Which is to say if one likes Eggo's, which I never did. Light, crisp nothing. Are either a real waffle, of course not. Are they a fast, convenient breakfast or snack item, yes.

There are no gluten-free items better than gluten ones. Sorry, I can't change reality, wish I could.

best regards, lm

gluten-free 12-18-06

colonoscopy, upper GI
blood, urine, stool tests, prometheus panel
positive endoscopy/positive duodenal biopsies (severe villous atrophy, high intraepithelial lympocytes)
diagnosed celiac disease by Gastroenterologist Andrew R. Gottesman, 12-18-06

"Sobriety sucks. That's why they invented booze in the first place." Denis Leary - Rescue Me

Beware the chocolate of Chiapa

"There are no gluten-free items better than gluten ones."

Luckily lm, my memory is fading. I can't remember what a gluteny waffle is. :blink:

Lisa

Also Pamela's Pancake Mix makes pretty darn good pancakes, light airy, fluffy. Who needs gluten?!?!

Another Pamela's fan here!!! I have made pancakes from that mix a few times for my family and my husband's family. Noone knew the difference, yum!! They are especially good with pumpkin added... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Oscar Wilde

Gluten free November 2007

IgA Deficient, Neg Bloodwork, Double DQ2 Positive

Dietary and Genetic Diagnosis June 2, 2008

Soy free Jan 09

I always buy the Van Waffles but when Im in Trader Joes The Bannilla Flavored Waffles are much better. They really rock. I also love the the Trader Joes gluten-free Froozen waffles. They taste better then the Aunt Jamina froozen gluten products.

Shabtai Gourmet rainbow cookies and Namaste chocolate cake mix.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

I'd say Van's waffles are as good as Eggo's. Which is to say if one likes Eggo's, which I never did. Light, crisp nothing. Are either a real waffle, of course not. Are they a fast, convenient breakfast or snack item, yes.

There are no gluten-free items better than gluten ones. Sorry, I can't change reality, wish I could.

best regards, lm

I disagree. A lot of what I bake is far better than gluteny stuff I used to have. My boyfriend who eschews gluteny stuff in favor of my cooking agrees.

If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill

I have to say Pamela's pancake mix is pretty darn good. If you go to Lame Advertisement and look it up it'll have the most reviews I've ever seen allll positive. Even people who are gluten eaters reviewed they like them.

And homemade chocolate chip cookies made from my heartland performance flour blend. If I bring those to a gathering they will go faster then anyone elses deserts. People always want the recipe but I just think its probably the flour blend more then it is the recipe.

Gail

Gluten Free since Jan. 06

Gluten intolerant. DQ 0301 DQ 0602

Lactose intolerant.