Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dollamasgetceliac?

Fiding A New Doc Or Educating The Old?

I am having one of those days, the dilelma day? should I jump ship and find a new doc( taking the risk that He or She knows less about Celiac or stick with the old guy who likes to diagnose each patient with this same sentense" You have IBS. What I am about to tell you is that you are not going to die from this you need to get your mind body to function , you need to go to a class and learn about reducing stress" and then he goes on to tell me that he repeats this many many times a day . I tell him that I think the pain is related to the food I eat, and he says no, after my class you can eat anything.

Then I went on to the psychologist so she could tell me that every patient who comes from that office goes to her.

So she is wise enough to tell me that the pain is not an imaginary pain but it is real.

The thing that upsets me is that after my visit with this particular G.I Doc , he did agree with me to run a tTG test that was positive. He wanted a biopsy and I said " no you took one 12 months ago which was normal?" I am not getting a straight forward answer. He is the second opinion Doctor , my first G.I doctor was dazzeled by my symptoms and never recomeded a Celiac test , even though the the writing is on the wall.

So can someone tell me exactly which genetic tests must be done to cover all what we know here and in Europe? So that I can come with a list and a quote that Celiac is painful. Perhaps an article by a famous doctor ?

gluten-free/CF 5/8/08

Multiple food Allergies

Chemicle Sensitivity Syndrom

I suposedly have IBS

Psilly page member

Crohns

Celiac (duh)

"My llamas are in me head... "

-Llama`Llady

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am having one of those days, the dilelma day? should I jump ship and find a new doc( taking the risk that He or She knows less about Celiac .. . .)

Hard to tell if it's POSSible for a doc to know less!!

(I certainly hope not)

I don't have the links but I did have the gut pain.

Maybe the celiac part of Columbia.edu would be reputable enough to satisfy him.

Univ of Chicago's site also has much info on celiac.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

I heard about a man in our tiny town that thought he had IBS. Come to find out he is allergic to gluten. I took my daughter to an osteopath and he diagnosed her on the first visit allergic to gluten. Find a doc that knows all about gluten.

Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28