Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Live2BWell

Feeling Frustrated And Frazzled

I am feeling frustrated and frazzled, and dumbfounded that Houston - which is a very large city, one of the largest in the US, seems to have very little in the way of gluten free dining (especially at an affordable price.) Surely, there has got to be more than what I've come across. I've gone to the gluten free directory lists, and see that they are 3,4,5 pages long, YET ... the majority of those pages are the same restaurant just the 389472 locations in the city :angry:

So I am going out tonight, and I get to pick the place (Need it to be cost effective, I'm on a budget. The person I am going with does not want Mexican, we recently had Chili's, and neither of us want Souper! Salad) so... what's a gluten free newbie gal to do?

Help, anyone?

*Jessica*

IgG + IgA + TtG -

Family History of Celiac

See 'about me' for more info

gluten-free Since: 11/02/08

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I see you have PF Chang's in Houston.....3 locations. I would go for that!

GLUTEN FREE 4/4/08. LEGUME/SOY FREE 5/15/08. YEAST FREE. CORN FREE. GRAIN FREE. DAIRY FREE. I am eating all meats, eggs, veggies, fruits, squash, nuts and seeds. I just keep getting better every day. :)

Do not let any of the advice given here substitute for good medical care. Let this forum be a catalyst for research. Find support for any post in here before you believe it to be true. Arm yourself with knowledge. Let your doctor be your assistant. Listen to their advice, but follow your own instincts as well. Miracles are within your reach. You can heal!

Hi Jessica.

Here are a few other places: Pei Wei and Outback. Ask for the Gluten Free menu.

Also, I believe, but you may want to check to make sure they have a gluten-free menu, Carrabas and Carinos if you want Italian.

Have fun!

Jenny

(Texas girl in AZ)

Diag: 2/2008

Bloodwork - positive, 2/19/08

Biopsy - positive, 2/26/08

Colonoscopy - clean as a whistle!, 2/27/08