Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

betterthanideserve

New To Omaha Area

I'm new to the Omaha, NE area and just discovered this forum. I was diagnosed with Celiac 3 years ago out in western NE by a doctor who caught the disease but didn't know what to do with me. I've gotten a lot of help from Gluten Free Bible and Gluten Free Gourmet. I may have read one other book but otherwise I feel I've had to learn all this on my own. I would love to find a doctor that understands Celiac. Pretty much now, when I have any weird symptoms I just chalk it up to "I must've gotten gluten." I feel fairly well but always have questions. Does anyone know of a good doctor in the Omaha area?

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

If you do find one who knows about celiac disease, especially a GI doc. please post. I don't live there but I have a relative that lives in that part of the country, who I'm looking for.

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

If you do find one who knows about celiac disease, especially a GI doc. please post. I don't live there but I have a relative that lives in that part of the country, who I'm looking for.

There is a Jason Cisler in Omaha who is the one who actually diagnosed my husband with Celiac after being sick for years and tons and tons of doctor visits, etc. and being misdiagnosed. Clinic name is: Midwest GI Associates 402-397-7057, am sure you are not still looking but I haven't logged in for quite a while and thought maybe this info would help out someone else

Join eNewsletter

I'm still looking so thanks for posting!

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Join eNewsletter

Join eNewsletter

• Celiac.com Sponsors (A19):

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Denise 13
  • Celiac.com Sponsor (A20):